Cutting the cord (this again!)

Dumped FIOS......bought cable modem....fancy router....and Roku....fed by Optimum 100mb....$40 month.....no other subscriptions...liking it.
Does the modem have to support Optimum or any will work? I thought their 100mb was closer to $70. Sounds like a good deal.

If you just want Internet you can buy the latest modem and it will take advantage of all the available bands....if you add voice, phone line, then you are limited to what the provider says works, which will be old....skip voice

I’ll say I can’t imagine having cable at that cost. I really only miss nbc but stream the shows I want the next day anyway. Very happy with our swap. Vue in FireTV is just a better experience all around.

Now that you've been running Vue for a while, any regrets? How is the DVR playback?

i switched from cable to hulu to vue. vue is better than hulu in every way. DVR is very good. im using it with amazon fire tv
I can deal with psvue but had glitches right off the start of super bowl, the half time show and last week's state of the union address. So they seem to have issues with mass viewership.

I can deal with psvue but had glitches right off the start of super bowl, the half time show and last week's state of the union address. So they seem to have issues with mass viewership.
yea i get a couple here and there, but nothing like hulu. Hulu was unwatchable. still not as good as regular cable, but i get my internet expensed through work so cutting the cord and going with vue is a no brainer. if i still had to pay for internet it might not make sense.

i switched from cable to hulu to vue. vue is better than hulu in every way. DVR is very good. im using it with amazon fire tv
I am starting a free trial this week. My Fios
Contract is up in June so have to figure out if really cutting the cord

I'm going to try out DirecTV Now for a month. Current deal for a free FireTV and only have to prepay 1 month, even at the basic $35 package. Plus, Ebates has $16 cash back for DTV Now.

Tried DirecTVnow with optimum modem. Dont try to watch any sports with it. Lots of lag. We switched to verizon for our internet and us Playstation Vue and its awsome.

Ok I haven't found the solution to get SNY. Seems you can cast it but they want TV provider. What?

Ok I haven't found the solution to get SNY. Seems you can cast it but they want TV provider. What?

I'm purely guessing, but I think that's due to the archaic deals they have to sign w/ the cable companies. Hopefully it breaks soon. I think the only real solution is MLB tv w/ a VPN to spoof your location (somewhere like North Dakota, since MLB considers that the Twins market)

@mattybfat this says it all, as long as SNY is owned by cable companies there will never be a streaming-only option

Owned by Sterling Entertainment Enterprises, Charter Communications and Comcast, SNY is available to viewers throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally on DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS, Comcast Cable, and AT&T U-Verse. For additional details on the network, visit www.sny.tv.

https://www.sny.tv/press-releases/n...of-mets-baseball-during-2017-season/214875498

91JbyDplsjL._SY355_.jpg

I am pissed
Held hostage to not getting SNY.tv
Someone help me figure this shit out please. Mets are my nighty night serum.

PSA -
Last month I dropped the phone part of my FIOS triple bundle and it went DOWN about $30. I did NOT call Verizon to do it. I just bought a Tracfone on Amazon and had Tracfone port my home number to their phone. My next FIOS bill was about $30 less. So now my home phone # is on a prepaid cell phone that I will keep or port to Google Voice.

Weeks later I talked to Verizon about going internet only. He asked me how I was able to drop the phone part of my bundle without getting "re-bundled" into a more expensive Internet/TV plan. He said I should be paying more, not less. I told him I didn't call Verizon at all. I just asked Tracfone to PORT my number to Tracfone. The Verizon rep said "oh, I see".

So there you go, a way to beat the system. Going internet only next...

Been directv since 2001 - they work with you on pricing & packages.

6 TVs $160 a month - if you’re att cell customer you can get discount too.

I’ve heard mixed on the directv now app - meant for cord cutters.

I tried out DirecTV Now for a month when they gave away the FireTV. $35 package, free FireTV and got an Ebates rebate of $16. This was when they didn't have the cloud DVR. The guide had some issues, was getting some errors on some shows. Without the DVR and being buggy at the time, I cancelled before the month was up.

We went with adding TV to our Fios. Picked up a used Tivo Bolt and 2 Tivo Minis off eBay. Put a 2TB drive in the Bolt. (total $180 for hardware)
Fios Ultimate TV package with 1 cable card, upgraded to Gigabit internet, and phone which we'll never use. $146/month all in with taxes and fees from Fios, plus the $15/month for Tivo.

We were paying $130 for Fios 50/50 and phone, plus another $130 for DirecTV and their crappy DVR, so saving $100/month keeps us happy for now.

Been directv since 2001 - they work with you on pricing & packages.

6 TVs $160 a month - if you’re att cell customer you can get discount too.

I’ve heard mixed on the directv now app - meant for cord cutters.

The thing that really got me to leave DirecTV was when their DVR crapped out and they sent me a replacement, they not only extended my contract 2 years, but raised the price.

They claimed that all upgrades extend a contract. I could understand if I was actually upgrading the DVR, but to extend on a warranty replacement??

Of course when we cancelled, they were all apologetic and lowered the price, but still not good enough to deal with their BS.

Sending their equipment back is another treat. They don't send you a box and UPS label anymore. You have to bring it down to UPS to ship everything back. I'm still not convinced I won't see a bill for 3 DVRs at some point.

I cut the cord last night.
Prime and Netflix we already had.

FiOS triple play with all the boxes and stuff was over $250/month.

300/300 internet is gonna be about $85 with taxes. Adding Hulu Live TV for $40 gives me a monthly savings of about $125. That’s one case of ACE/month.

Back
Top Bottom