Curious but cautious. CBD use?

rlb

Basically every pro athlete in “Extreme sports” is repping CBD right now. Is that all the anecdotal evidence we need or is it just the marketing machine?

Marketing machine for sure. The market is over saturated IMO due to lack of regulation. I mean, you can buy it at a damn mall kiosk. You need to research and seek out a quality product.

Take it FWIW (it's reddit after all) but there is some good info here

And they set up a list of "quality" vendors, again I don't know how legit it is, but it's a starting point

THATmanMANNY

Is it harmful to kids? I just want my kids to chill the fuck out before bedtime. Wildin out every night

I’m going get some for my wife. School year has not been good for mental health

Captain Brainstorm

The real issue is that the feds have it classified as a schedule 1 substance which makes it extremely difficult to research, there are significant hurdles that must be overcome. There was a great JRE about this, wish I could remember the guy he had on talking about it.

There's talk of getting it changed from schedule 1. Hopefully the new administration will make some headway here (but I won't hold my breath). One thing that's clear: it's getting harder and harder for the federal government to continue not ignore this since every year more and more states legalize it.

Outside of the US I'd have to believe conducting studies would be easier (looking at you Canada) so I wonder why we don't see anything there? Could be that there are ongoing studies that just haven't been completed/published yet?
CBD isn’t schedule 1, depending on the THC level. Logically, I would think that the pharma or supplement is industry would be all over this if it had definitive activity. If you really want to sleep better, try melatonin from high quality supplier. I’ve been using it for a couple of years and the quality of my sleep has really improved, plus it has other health benefits that have been studied, like a reduction in inflammation.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Is it harmful to kids? I just want my kids to chill the fuck out before bedtime. Wildin out every night

I’m going get some for my wife. School year has not been good for mental health

don't watch ANW just before bed - or WWE. ;)
you've been a parent long enough - benadryl them - and keep the good stuff for yourself.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
No screens before bed, no COD4, GTA, or Roblox either. You can also give melatonin to your kids.
My twins are 6 and share a room, I have used melatonin with great success with them as it was romper room every night. You gotta time it like 15-30 min before lights out because if you go past the point when it starts to kick in and they are not in bed yet, it becomes tantrum time. We have moved past using it but it works.

@THATmanMANNY https://www.amazon.com/Zarbees-Naturals-Childrens-Melatonin-Supplement-Flavored/dp/B01MAWIGWT

Their dark honey cough stuff is excellent as well.

Captain Brainstorm

My twins are 6 and share a room, I have used melatonin with great success with them as it was romper room every night. You gotta time it like 15-30 min before lights out because if you go past the point when it starts to kick in and they are not in bed yet, it becomes tantrum time. We have moved past using it but it works.

@THATmanMANNY https://www.amazon.com/Zarbees-Naturals-Childrens-Melatonin-Supplement-Flavored/dp/B01MAWIGWT

Their dark honey cough stuff is excellent as well.
It’s good stuff, and 15-30min before is the sweet spot. I don’t use it on my kids that often because they’re a little older and get to sleep on their own. Plus they’re althletes, so if they’ve had a good workout that day the sleep comes naturally. I use it for the other benefits in addition to the sleep.

THATmanMANNY

lol, I was just playing around about 'drugging' my kids. Didn't know the realness.
Luckily one is old enough to know not to hurt the other.

I don't think you want to sit towards the end of dinner without peppa on a screen... but usually after that they don't got to bed for another 1hr plus

elewawike

If you use any medication, you need to follow the dosage. If you take vitamins two to three times more than the prescribed rate, it will harm your body instead of having a positive effect. It is the same with CBD. If you don't take it in the proper amount, there will be a negative effect. I take CBD in the form of gummies https://www.tillmanstranquils.com/product/peppermint-full-spectrum-cbd-mints/ to experience less stress and headaches. It doesn't work as a painkiller, more like a nootropic and beneficial in the long run. I will share more about my experience later!

Leadman

Formerly: Harry Hamilton
CBD is supposed to help the recovery process. Cyclists should be careful with CBD for any use if you are competitive and will be subject to USA Cycling testing. THC is almost non existent. in the Floyds of Leadville white label products. FYI the black label Floyds products have THC. I actually had a conversation with Floyd on this for what it's worth. Always check the THC levels in any CBD product, but most companies don't list the level/percentages or won't respond to inquiries.

JDurk

CBD is supposed to help the recovery process. Cyclists should be careful with CBD for any use if you are competitive and will be subject to USA Cycling testing. THC is almost non existent. in the Floyds of Leadville white label products. FYI the black label Floyds products have THC. I actually had a conversation with Floyd on this for what it's worth. Always check the THC levels in any CBD product, but most companies don't list the level/percentages or won't respond to inquiries.
Hammer Nutrition has CBD with and without THC. I'm currently using this.

20211205_180719.jpg

Last edited:

Leadman

Formerly: Harry Hamilton
Hammer Nutrition has CBD with and without THC. I'm currently using this.

View attachment 172487
Just read that Floyd has a CBD product THC free. Their "Isolate" products undergo a further step to separate the pure CBD from the other cannabinoids and compounds, leaving you with a product that’s THC-free – without even the trace amount of THC that is in the Full Spectrum products.

rick81721

Lothar
Just read that Floyd has a CBD product THC free. Their "Isolate" products undergo a further step to separate the pure CBD from the other cannabinoids and compounds, leaving you with a product that’s THC-free – without even the trace amount of THC that is in the Full Spectrum products.

Using a THC free product is like drinking alcohol free beer

bergsnj

True until you get tested by USA Cycling
its interesting that weed is considered a no-no for the olympics or other sports governing bodies. I would think that if you smoke weed it would only have a negative effect on performance. Not good for your lungs, makes you tired and lethargic. I don't understand how it could be some kind of enhancement.

rick81721

Lothar
its interesting that weed is considered a no-no for the olympics or other sports governing bodies. I would think that if you smoke weed it would only have a negative effect on performance. Not good for your lungs, makes you tired and lethargic. I don't understand how it could be some kind of enhancement.

Yep nonsensical. Do they test for traces of alcohol?

Top Bottom