Conditions?

mfennell

This won't help one bit but one of "our own" (a LONG time mtn biker who I first met at Hartshorne 14 years ago) was a HS ranger until a couple months ago. He was laid off so they could hire new rangers under some bizarre rule. He's apparently first on the list for a re-hire though I have no idea if he will be assigned to HS or not. Unfortunately, he wasn't there long enough to try to effect change but it was a start.

You would be suprised how stupid some people are. Some prick in a full Liquigas kit came bombing through the dismount area one day WHILE MY FRIEND WAS STANDING THERE, locked up his wheel for 15 feet when shouted at, then claimed he "didn't see the sign" that you have to ride around from that direction. :rolleyes: Some days it's a wonder they let us in there at all.

Honestly, on balance, I think Monmouth Park system is great. When I lived in MD, I rode at Loch Raven Resevoir. I never saw a park ranger of any kind. Ever.

wonderturtle

Huber is kinda lame. its very small. but it is like 5 minutes from my house. great for a quick weekday ride. I would be very sad if they closed it off to bikes.

if there is anyone I have to contact at Monmouth County Parks to tell them that they should keep it open, let me know!!!!

jwave

Conditions this Weekend (12/13, 12/14)?

Not a regular at Harshorne. With all the rain over the past 48 hours, what's the outlook for the trail conditions this weekend?

Any good alternatives? (I'm coming from Jersey City). Thnx.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Not a regular at Harshorne. With all the rain over the past 48 hours, what's the outlook for the trail conditions this weekend?

Any good alternatives? (I'm coming from Jersey City). Thnx.
There's an mtbnj ride scheduled for Hartshorne on Sunday, but conditions are likely to be pretty bad. The call on that ride will be made later today.

Allaire might be a better bet, at least if you stick to the higher/sandier areas.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
The MCPS volunteer hike/lunch is this afternoon. I will post up after checking on the trails. If we get a freeze-thaw cycle going overnight, things will get very sloppy by early afternoon. Running a large group through the slop will not be good for the trails.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
The MCPS volunteer hike/lunch is this afternoon. I will post up after checking on the trails. If we get a freeze-thaw cycle going overnight, things will get very sloppy by early afternoon. Running a large group through the slop will not be good for the trails.
I'll wait to hear from you, Bryan, but I'm thinking pretty much the same as you. I rode there last Sunday following the light snow, and it was a mess.

With rain almost all week since, particularly the heavy downpours on Thursday, I'd imagine the park can't be dry enough to ride tomorrow.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I think the temps. will be the make or break of the ride. Is bumping the ride start time an option?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions