Cockpit geometry?

Not so sure " slammed" is always best. The DH pros raise and lower thier stems depending on the steepness of the track. Yeah, not the sort of riding y'all are talking about maybe, but saying that slammed is "always" better, is sort of bullshit.

Not so sure " slammed" is always best. The DH pros raise and lower thier stems depending on the steepness of the track. Yeah, not the sort of riding y'all are talking about maybe, but saying that slammed is "always" better, is sort of bullshit.

Best for performance or looks?

Lol..screw looks ! It's a pretty vain person who who would ride an uncomfortable, underperforming bike, in an effort to look " pro ". Besides, looks are subjective.

The interesting thing I find when considering set up on a vehicle you ride "on " rather than "in", is that the largest amount of weight you are trying to manage transfer of, is constantly moving, rather than fixed. Therefore, the rider's ability, and understanding, of correct weight placement in each unique situation the vehicle encountered, has a greater effect on vehicle performance, than any one "static" setting, you can adjust.

@jumpa bought a stem for his cross bike at the exact angle to be horizontal with our flat earth. Looks are everything.

It would seem the best position would be one that allows the rider to effectively load, or in some cases unload, the tire contact patches as needed. I think that's why the trend for longer, more roomier cockpits has been so effective. Longer top tubes with shorter seat tubes/dropper posts, allows a compitant rider to more effectively transfer weight where its most needed.

I think mine is hammered by default of my size. Long legs, shorter arms/torso relatively speaking.

i think you are also onto something when you talk about longer rides - core fatigue is probably the cause of weight transfer to the bars/hands.
then more transmitting of vibration, more fatigue, more risk. repeat.

so the question: Will relieving some of the core-supported weight by being more upright help in a multiple hour ride?
perhaps core and lower back strengthening?
does this fall into the "do what Jim does" category?

should be interesting experiment.

i think you are also onto something when you talk about longer rides - core fatigue is probably the cause of weight transfer to the bars/hands.
then more transmitting of vibration, more fatigue, more risk. repeat.

so the question: Will relieving some of the core-supported weight by being more upright help in a multiple hour ride?
perhaps core and lower back strengthening?
does this fall into the "do what Jim does" category?

should be interesting experiment.
Right, no matter how fat you are eventually things fatigue, especially with too much weight on the bars.

My favorite lift because Very linear and Pavlovian. There is so much skill involved. What I’ve been working on for that past few months to level up is intra abdominal pressure exercises but the grip will prolly stop me from getting to my goal of 525. Bought the Iron Mind 2.5 but just can’t close it?. The 2 no problem. So I guess I can close 195lbs but not 237lbs.

435lb is my max in kg lbs or whatever you want to assume.

My favorite lift because Very linear and Pavlovian. There is so much skill involved. What I’ve been working on for that past few months to level up is intra abdominal pressure exercises but the grip will prolly stop me from getting to my goal of 525. Bought the Iron Mind 2.5 but just can’t close it?. The 2 no problem. So I guess I can close 195lbs but not 237lbs.

435lb is my max in kg lbs or whatever you want to assume.

I always though the idea of cleaning a large number would be a mark of explosive power, under control.
no need to even get it up over the head.

the raw power of the deadlift is cool to watch. I never thought about the grip pressure as the numbers go up -
but yeah. keep at it. love when the bar bends!

I always though the idea of cleaning a large number would be a mark of explosive power, under control.
no need to even get it up over the head.

the raw power of the deadlift is cool to watch. I never thought about the grip pressure as the numbers go up -
but yeah. keep at it. love when the bar bends!

Grip has high representation in our nervous system and the nervous system can make small guys strong if they know how to activate it- not my words but my good friend Dave Sadler. He is constantly preaching and teaching muscle irradiation (perfect example below). We do work together and he’s guided me for about a year or so. Lucky me sells ingredient to a very respected and well known strength coach??.

Attachments

• 0D23C8F9-F5DE-4425-844C-51025C0077A4.jpeg
    0D23C8F9-F5DE-4425-844C-51025C0077A4.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 74
Grip has high representation in our nervous system and the nervous system can make small guys strong if they know how to activate it- not my words but my good friend Dave Sadler. He is constantly preaching and teaching muscle irradiation (perfect example below). We do work together and he’s guided me for about a year or so. Lucky me sells ingredient to a very respected and well known strength coach??.

Its all about the power to weight ratio. You want to do that by maximizing the cocentric motion, minimizing the eccentric, especially with dead lifts. The idea is to recruit more neurons vs. tearing the actin and myosin fibers that leads to more bulk. I've been doing a ton of research, and can more or less separate the stuff with merrit vs. BS since I have a background in Biochem and molecular biology. I have 2 very young athletes with potential that I need to make sure don't get over-trained (no weight lifting for them yet though).

Its all about the power to weight ratio. You want to do that by maximizing the cocentric motion, minimizing the eccentric, especially with dead lifts. The idea is to recruit more neurons vs. tearing the actin and myosin fibers that leads to more bulk. I've been doing a ton of research, and can more or less separate the stuff with merrit vs. BS since I have a background in Biochem and molecular biology. I have 2 very young athletes with potential that I need to make sure don't get over-trained (no weight lifting for them yet though).

Awesome! How long have you been deadlifting? Research without application holds a half cup of water?.

I have a shallow knowledge of science. I pay someone for that. What I do know if that as a scientist you’re eternally wrong. And that’s not from me but Andy Galpin who I’m sure you’ve come across in research. If you haven’t then start digging.

Back
Top Bottom