Clayton Park Conditions

Big Al

Rode Clayton yesterday. Overall, conditions are good. Big tree down on Curly Climb ). Another tree down on Doctors Creek Trail.
IMG_20190616_150623.jpg
IMG_20190616_144044.jpg

NJ Gator

Any thoughts on Clayton today, Sunday 6/23? I expect the field at the bottom of the hill by the pond will be bad and that is easy enough to avoid. Just want to get some spinning in outside as it is so beautiful but if it is too wet

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
How's Clayton the day after the kind of storms we had today?
We didn’t get much rain, It should be fine.....unless of course it dumps on us now that I posted this ?
I think most of the storms have past now though.

NJ Gator

Agree- I plan on going tomorrow unless it continues to rain all night. Place has been really dry . Just watch the fields at the bottom of the Hill- although the grass is high I suspect there will be some puddling there.

gpTron

I went last Friday and I went again yesterday morning. There's a tree that must've fallen in the past week because it wasn't there last Friday. I'm terrible with trail names but it's by one of the bridges. Someone set up some log piles on either side though so you can go over it on your bike. I was too gassed though so I walked it over :/

Other than that the rain has really helped because the trail was great.

JonF

Rode this past saturday, its getting squishy by the west side fishing pond again so be careful there. The rooty DH trail that goes west from the parking lot, skirts the farm field and loops you back by the pond basically dumps you into a mud bog so get ready to take it in the face. :p If your bunny hop skills are on point, you can boost the top of the drop and clear that mud and land in the grass. But the rest of the trails are noyce.

gpTron

Is there a gate at the parking lot entrance? It's starting to get lighter around the time I could go here for a quick ride before work but would hate to show up to a closed parking lot.

acw

Is there a gate at the parking lot entrance? It's starting to get lighter around the time I could go here for a quick ride before work but would hate to show up to a closed parking lot.
Yup. County Park Ranger opens and closes it. Open until 8pm after March 8th...
1A07C03A-8FC2-4CDD-A512-DE62E32166EF.png

Big Al

Rode Clayton yesterday. Conditions were great. Probably a little wet today with the drizzle but it should be good to go shortly after the rain stops. Might hit it again tomorrow after work.

GreenMachine

Hikers are why I try to get there at 7am exactly when I drive there and as early as possible if I ride there.
It’s a great little park to get a workout in , refine skills - has a bit of everything. Nice alternative to the usual 6mr Allaire etc.
Nice you can ride there I’m 40 m away.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions