Chimney Rock Conditions

Off The Road Again

Attempted CR yesterday from ballfield. Went into White towards Gilbride. Terrible conditions - frozen footprints, gray slick ice. Made it as far as big bridge at base of stairs and bailed. At the time it was 32-33 degrees so no mud.

JDurk

What's down there that would be worth the haul for a mid-stater like myself?
That's a slightly loaded question. Most of the local to me places are small, less than 8 mile loops and not considered destinations. You can get 19mi on the Orange Loop at Batsto, and that's about 45min from me. I rode at Camden County College yesterday. Black Run Preserve in Evesham is snow free and a little bigger. Maurice River Bluffs is way down south and snow free as well. If you want to make the drive and ride new dirt/sand, BRP has the highest latitude. There's also hundreds of miles of gravel roads in Brendan Byrne and Wharton.

Last edited:

thegock

One of the 555 krew just posted 2.2/4 rating for CR on Strava. They didn't ride Yellow, which is prolly the best conditioned trail.

Bummer

leo_c

Imo CR is ready to go, it was dry most parts. 2 usual nasty sections, one on blue and one on red. Can easily avoid the puddles. i rode blue (took inner connector, to bypass the section along creek) white, inner yellow, orange and red. great conditons

hls811

Imo CR is ready to go, it was dry most parts. 2 usual nasty sections, one on blue and one on red. Can easily avoid the puddles. i rode blue (took inner connector, to bypass the section along creek) white, inner yellow, orange and red. great conditons
Thanks! May take a ride Tuesday after work if I can get there before the rain comes in!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We hiked red & white today.

FAR FAR better than I would have imagined. A few wet spots that you would expect but without question go get it before any rain comes later in the week.

What's more is that there are virtually no ruts which is really just awesome. Super surprised how good the conditions were today.

* assume that blue will be the wettest so YMMV if you hit that loop

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions