Chimney Rock Conditions

Frozen solid when I left at 10am. Did it all.
A75519B5-D4C2-40DA-912B-6F99941134DF.jpeg

Hello riders, has anyone been to Chimney Rock in the past few days. Want to venture out tomorrow to spin my legs with a friend, don't want to bother if it's not rideable and waste our time :) thank you

Hello riders, has anyone been to Chimney Rock in the past few days. Want to venture out tomorrow to spin my legs with a friend, don't want to bother if it's not rideable and waste our time :) thank you

Unrideable except for a short link on yellow. There is a path across the ballfield. Not wide enough for cranks to clear.

Behind d ballfield loop was hike. Can ride to gilbride. Orange to guardrail not trampled. Didn't check the other side.

Same question here. Did it get trampled this weekend? Need to be in the area on Tuesday and thinking about bringing the fat bike
Rolled by Newman’s lot yesterday. Didn’t look doable to me. Saw no evidence of bike or ski. The very narrow path beaten down by hikers wasn’t packed very well at all.

So far this year, traffic at CR has been pretty light. I would not expect much to be packed down.

Some subset of our crew is going out with snowshoes today I think. I'll let you know how it looks.

I just got back. I parked at Newman’s and took red up and around to the fire road, then up on the street and came back in on white, around the reservoir and back to the lot. It’s nicely packed and about a foot wide trail the whole way. I saw a few others who said blue was good too soon crossed over and I did that as well but I think red/white was a little better.

Dont let the parking lot fool you, there’s mounds of snow all around, once you climb over you’ll see the trail.

Attachments

• 6948A655-5529-4AF9-AEB5-6CB93013E7A7.jpeg
    6948A655-5529-4AF9-AEB5-6CB93013E7A7.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 4F2972D0-4319-4448-94C2-0B5291E75354.jpeg
    4F2972D0-4319-4448-94C2-0B5291E75354.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 50D8D042-39F1-4A4A-9D12-8BC5A66D5F66.jpeg
    50D8D042-39F1-4A4A-9D12-8BC5A66D5F66.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 107
@hls811 - I assume that was you we saw. We had the loud but small dog and the 11 year old that stared at you & didn’t get out of the way on the trail. That you?

We hiked outer red. I’d say this is fat bike only right now unless you go in the morning when it’s frozen.

@Norm - I'm not sure if that was me, I don't recall any small, loud dogs today, which I guess is a good thing! But if it was me, it was nice seeing ya! I did see a few others on fat tires out there today, although I was the only solo rider that I saw.

Its definitely fat bike only. I did see two guys in the parking lot on 29's but it looks like they packed them up and went back out in snowshoes.

Good morning riders. Do we have an update on Chimney Rock conditions? I was thinking of hitting the park in the AM while it's all frozen. Thx :)

Last edited:
Good morning riders. Do we have an update on Chimney Rock conditions? I was thinking of hitting the park in the AM while it's all frozen. Thx :)
I think you'll be OK when its frozen. I just drove to the Newmans lot, theres still some snow on the ground, especially on the blue trail side - I'm guessing the trees may keep the sun from getting to it. It looked rideable, but I think the earlier you go the easier it'll be. Theres no rain for the next few days and I'm hoping to get some riding in on Saturday.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions