Chimney Rock Conditions

hls811

Just did a quick ride through white and red, both are in good condition- a few soft spots, more so on red, its definitely rideable.
Blue seems pretty good too, didn’t ride it but saw someone come out and they said it was ok.
Hopefully the rain tomorrow and Friday doesn’t kill it for the entire weekend.

And why the shoes pic? Because I’m a doofus and packed all of my stuff this morning to bring to work… except my FiveTens. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 658AA325-934C-467E-B012-6B269200084C.jpeg
    658AA325-934C-467E-B012-6B269200084C.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 80

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode Red and White this evening also. Started on Red, I’d say 80% dry. There were a few spots that were bad. White was similar, the wet spots were mostly where the dirt was more clay like, which made for some peanut buttery slop. After seeing those, I passed on Blue.

After the rain/snow expected, I’d say give it until next week.

I’d say rideable, but not great.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Rode this morning with @w_b - Got out while things were still frozen.

Orange behind the fields was soft in the usual places, but riding ok. Will get worse as it warms up today.
Gilbride extension on the other side of the brook still had ice on the wet areas, but was softening quickly -
Yellow along the brook was good (trail simulator) -
Yellow on the south side of miller was getting soft approaching the road crossing away from the parking lot,
The rest was fine (we didn't go to the bottom of hi-tech)
Yellow "down the middle" was soft approaching the 4-way, where is it all braided. pick your favorite dryer braid.
Orange rock climb was fine - with some water in the usual spots. Went left at the 3-way at the top, all good.
Red climb was fine from the hole in the fence - was getting soft in the lower section of red, getting back to the newman's lot
(where it is always soft)
White - coney island was fine
Where it gets low and crosses the bridge (that hard left/bridge/climb) was messy, then all good to the new bridge.
Gilbride connector is a swamp
Did not ride blue - cause of the moose.

IMG_7764-e.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I walked white this afternoon. Mud in all the low corners and regular spots.
With tracks through it of course.

Coney Island

1617100016641.png

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions