Chimney Rock Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Partial update. 8/5

Black/Gilbride is all cleaned up. Smallest and easiest to do.

White has 5-6 trees down.
Blue about 7.

Rest of park is unknown as this point but we can assume a lot more work.

Lots of debris (derailleur killers) as would be expected. If you feel like heading over, please take some time to clear some. If you see anything of concern, please post up.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Update 8/6

The vast majority of the downed trees have been removed. I was told that there are a few more, found today, that hopefully will be done soon.

Some of branches and sticks were cleared on yellow, orange and ballfield but still lots to go (there are a lot!!!).

Other than the debris, conditions are shockingly primo right now. Would actually say hero dirt. Probably will still be fine for the weekend even after tomorrows rain.

caferacer

I found a couple spots are closed down on yellow south of Miller Ln last evening. I cleared right before a turn IMG_20200806_192005.jpg, but there are another closures on the other side, and another place

IMG_20200806_194408.jpgIMG_20200806_194956.jpg

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
8/7

Took a ride to confirm things for myself.

Blue- Trees all clear on all upper trails. Middlebrook is unknown.
Orange-Clear
Ballfield-Clear
Black-Clear
White-1 smallish one blocking the trail above the swamp.
Red-4 trees still down, 1 biggie and 1 crazy hanger.
Yellow-About 6 still down, mostly small and all to the eastern end.

I'd say about 20% of the trails are clear of debris. Some are heavily covered, like High Tech (crazy bad) and a few others. Raking or blower is probably needed. Rideable but not very enjoyable.

Millers Lane is closed due to downed power lines.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The park is mostly clear now. The hangers and leaners on blue and red were taken care of today. Still 1 down on yellow and another hanger that’s got a hornets nest somewhere around it. This is on the open space area trail, close to the houses on Miller’s Lane. They might not be happy to see you riding close and will let you know. Still some areas of heavy debris so pedal with caution and save a derailleur or wheel.

mwlikesbikes

Just about perfect yesterday, there’s a small tree about head height on hi tech just before the first switchback as you come into the trail from imba. Someone coming down at speed could be in for a surprise.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
8/22- Park is in good shape. Mostly everything on yellow is now cleared, except the low hanger with the hornets. 2 new ones down on lower orange, right above the old dam. Also 1 on white around the swamp. Hope to have those gone this week. Post up if you see any additional.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
All trees that were blocking trails have been cleared. Conditions are really good aside from some overgrowth.
Additional parking barriers are going up on Gilbride.
8F0A6A36-BE0C-4CFB-846B-AD1949DF58B2.jpeg

Ballfield parking lot has been extended though.

Off The Road Again

8/22- Park is in good shape. Mostly everything on yellow is now cleared, except the low hanger with the hornets. 2 new ones down on lower orange, right above the old dam. Also 1 on white around the swamp. Hope to have those gone this week. Post up if you see any additional.
@Kirt - where on Yellow are the hornets, and are they still there? Thanks.

Kirt

JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Kirt - where on Yellow are the hornets, and are they still there? Thanks.

On yellow. Open space area that is close to the houses on Miller’s Lane. There is a very low tree, not very large, that is covered in various plant life. It’s been dropping and you now have to duck under. Not exactly sure where they are coming from. Could be a hive in the tree or could be in the ground. More likely ground hornets. At some point I’ll get over with some cans of spray.

Off The Road Again

On yellow. Open space area that is close to the houses on Miller’s Lane. There is a very low tree, not very large, that is covered in various plant life. It’s been dropping and you now have to duck under. Not exactly sure where they are coming from. Could be a hive in the tree or could be in the ground. More likely ground hornets. At some point I’ll get over with some cans of spray.
Thanks Kirt for the info. Not too big a deal for me, not allergic, also don't really want to be stung either. My friend Ryan got stung about 7 times at Ringwoood. he's not allergic either, just feel like you got out of a boxing match., and it hurts..

Off The Road Again

Is there a potential go-around? Don't necessarily want to see bees get killed just for being bees., they do what bees do. Hurts like a mother, but we're in their environment. Leave them be, or is that bee? or is that bea? Love the nuances of our adopted language.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions