Chimney Rock Conditions

I’d like to thank the crew that maintains CR. I rode here on Saturday for a few miles and besides the packed lot at Newman’s Lane the trails were in great condition. It has been a while but anyone know how all of the trees fell? Past hurricane? Tornado? The reroutes first then made the trails even more enjoyable. Keep up the great work.

I’d like to thank the crew that maintains CR. I rode here on Saturday for a few miles and besides the packed lot at Newman’s Lane the trails were in great condition. It has been a while but anyone know how all of the trees fell? Past hurricane? Tornado? The reroutes first then made the trails even more enjoyable. Keep up the great work.

Freak localized tornado. It hit white & red the worst, blue a little, and the other sections not at all. Something like 150 trees fell in those 3 areas.

Any local rain report/conditions commentary available?

Considering a Friday AM ride if weather and conditions allow.

Thanks.

Any local rain report/conditions commentary available?

Considering a Friday AM ride if weather and conditions allow.

Thanks.

I was on the trails when the rain started pissing down on me tonight. It rained hard for about 10 minutes. Then lightly for maybe another 15 or so. Before it rained, it was mostly entirely dry, with a few puddles here & there. By tomorrow morning it'll be more or less the same or better than it was when I started tonight.

Conditions were great today. Ran out of time to get to the Hawk overlook, but everything else was perfect.

two observations:

1) forgot how busy Sunday mornings can be at Newman’s lane. Lots of groups of “hikers” who do more socializing than hiking, but glad to see them outside.

2) for now and in the future I’m going to refer to the distance to my house to Chimney Rock as 1 Allman Brothers band jam.

AB53E6DA-BDAF-410A-A2CB-4B8DFF705CF0.jpeg

Did blue white red and orange today.
Tree down climb up blue, I broke some of the branches so it’s passable. I think there is onother on blue but can’t remember.
Tree down on white next to the flooded mine shaft. It’s on a short steep downhill so be mindful.
trails were very good today. Lower blue had a little standing water in the usual spots but that was it. Surprised.

Tree down climb up blue, I broke some of the branches so it’s passable. I think there is onother on blue but can’t remember.
Tree down on white next to the flooded mine shaft. It’s on a short steep downhill so be mindful.
trails were very good today. Lower blue had a little standing water in the usual spots but that was it. Surprised.

Thanks for the update!

The one down on white has poison ivy growing on it!!! Be careful if you get it like I do.
Agree just a few wet spots, mostly grippy no dust.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions