Chimney Rock Conditions

Condition's were pretty great last night.
Usual wet spots and some new ones.
Can confirm.
IMG_1327.jpeg

Yesterday morning was great. White has the most moist spots.

I cleared part of a tree down by ripping the smaller branches off by hand. Did not have folding saw.
IMG_1322.jpeg
IMG_1324.jpeg
IMG_1325.jpeg

Beautiful morning for a ride. Hit White, Black, Ballfield, Yellow, Green, Pink, Purple. All were in good shape except the upper part of Black in the grassy section. Also cleared prickers and logs from all those (got Dan's little tree). All clear and ready for the upcoming group ride! (too bad i can't make it)
20231012_104852.jpg

20231012_093926.jpg

Beautiful morning for a ride. Hit White, Black, Ballfield, Yellow, Green, Pink, Purple. All were in good shape except the upper part of Black in the grassy section. Also cleared prickers and logs from all those (got Dan's little tree). All clear and ready for the upcoming group ride! (too bad i can't make it)
View attachment 224829
View attachment 224830

Where's purple?

I know the Wiki refers to the ballfield as part of orange, I’ve always considered that to be black - are you undecided so just call it ballfield? 🤣

Where's purple?

I know the Wiki refers to the ballfield as part of orange, I’ve always considered that to be black - are you undecided so just call it ballfield? 🤣
one of the trails over by High Tech which used to all be Yellow looked to have purple blazes now, though maybe it was just pink, i dunno. I made sure to hit ALL the trails in the High Tech section. Black is the newish trail with the dips by the river that you access from the Gilbride dirt lot

yeah, Current Green or Pink still says Yellow on Trailforks. I hate when parks re-blaze. Just confuses everyone.

Hit everything except other half of Blue, Pink, and High Tech. Conditions are about as good as they're going to get this time of year I'm thinking. Usually mushy parts on Black and White. Didn't do the far side of Yellow, either.

As an aside, the first hard right coming down Red with the ravine to the left is sketchier than ever due to the loose, wide line and parallel roots. At least for my nominal skill level, that is.

Fine shape, a little soft in spots but to be expected so new. Rode well.
So wanted to give slightly better feedback than yesterday (when my OCD brain was overconsumed w/ bike mechanical issues during the ride) on the new route.

Rode it today w/ a clear head, 2 more times (did 2 yesterday as well). By the 4th try, I feel like I have a solid line into and thru it. Going downhill direction, the big right-hand sweeping 180 berm is fantastic! It's pretty firm already and is a joy. The parts before and after it are as mentioned a little soft due to being so new plus the rain we had, but already feels like they'll be a blast once settled.

Overall red and blue are in really good shape. One puddle on blue on newman's side climb just past the skinny, another in the switchbacks on the opposite side. One puddle on lower red interior.

Other than that just leaves, especially on the red "creek cross alt trail" the side w/ the red arrow pointing to it. If you've not ridden it before and don't know where the trail actually is good luck!!!!!

Screenshot_20231018-155120.png

I also rode the new section on blue today. Nice improvement 👏 Thanks everyone. Red white and blue were all pretty good today

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions