Chimney Rock Conditions

woody

CR MTB Forecast:

Yup, some very good winter riding conditions yesterday (if you like riding on snow & ice :))
...but don't get your hopes up - it's quickly going to get too warm and turn to sloppy crap.

Gotta get it while temps are below freezing! :getsome:

Wed 2/23

- Morning :) - Nice & solid from overnight deep freeze
- Afternoon :( - Turning sloppy & muddy as temps rise into 40s

Thur 2/24
- EARLY Morning :eek: - Probably OK until 9 or 10AM
- Late morning & Afternoon :( - Sloppy & muddy as temps rise into 40s and rain arrives

Fri 2/25

- :mad: Total crap all day - too warm & soft, plus rain

Sat 2/26
- EARLY Morning :confused: - SLIGHT chance of decent conditions IF it freezes up good overnight
- Late morning & Afternoon :( - Total slop as temps rise

Sun 2/27

- :mad: Probably too warm and sloppy all day

R

ridethebike

Yup, some very good winter riding conditions yesterday (if you like riding on snow & ice :))
...but don't get your hopes up - it's quickly going to get too warm and turn to sloppy crap.

Gotta get it while temps are below freezing! :getsome:

Wed 2/23

- Morning :) - Nice & solid from overnight deep freeze
- Afternoon :( - Turning sloppy & muddy as temps rise into 40s

Thur 2/24
- EARLY Morning :eek: - Probably OK until 9 or 10AM
- Late morning & Afternoon :( - Sloppy & muddy as temps rise into 40s and rain arrives

Fri 2/25

- :mad: Total crap all day - too warm & soft, plus rain

Sat 2/26
- EARLY Morning :confused: - SLIGHT chance of decent conditions IF it freezes up good overnight
- Late morning & Afternoon :( - Total slop as temps rise

Sun 2/27

- :mad: Probably too warm and sloppy all day

Thats why we rode when frozen... gonna be a long while after the mush goes away.

Clapper

Woody, nice analysis but you should have used the smiley emoticon for Wednesday afternoon. I thought conditions were better than yesterday, with today having a lot less snow and ice. Yellow and orange were the best trails, with both having a lot less snow than the newmans side. Too bad it's going to be a wash for the weekend, but maybe the coming precip. will clear the trails and we'll get some subfreezing temps early next week.

rlb

Any recent updates? I'm sure it was nice and frozen this morning! I was hoping for an early Saturday ride but it won't be anywhere near freezing temperatures. Is the ground still holding a lot of moisture?

Dr Superb

Any recent updates? I'm sure it was nice and frozen this morning! I was hoping for an early Saturday ride but it won't be anywhere near freezing temperatures. Is the ground still holding a lot of moisture?

i am hoping for an early Sat ride as well... :beg:

woody

sorry to say...

Been scoping it out the past couple evenings on foot.
- Blue is a swamp as of 2 hours ago.
- Red and White were still very soggy yesterday evening.
- Can't say for sure, but I'd bet Yellow and Orange are soggy too.

Unfortunately, a few people have jumped the gun so there are already some wicked ruts developing.

On the bright side, I've heard rumors that the CR TM Fairy is making his way around the park to address the wettest areas and help them dry out faster.

Please give it a bit more time to dry out...

Better yet, hit it early tomorrow (Fri) AM while its frozen solid! :getsome:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On the bright side, I've heard rumors that the CR TM Fairy is making his way around the park to address the wettest areas and help them dry out faster

There will also be some "hired" help assisting with trail maintenance.

Hopefully there isn't too much repair needed and we can concentrate on fun stuff.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
if you can ride fight club style before the rain, the trails are good. wet in a few spots, but nothing crazy.

Glenlivet12

Trails need more time to dry. Blue trail was more or less dry on the way up but soaked on top. The trails on the lot side of the street are in better shape but had a bunch of muddy spots and a few blow downs. Id say another day would do it good...

rlb

Trails need more time to dry. Blue trail was more or less dry on the way up but soaked on top. The trails on the lot side of the street are in better shape but had a bunch of muddy spots and a few blow downs. Id say another day would do it good...

:( I would have thought the blue trails would have been the other way around (wet at the bottom)

ChrisRU

The park was in pretty good shape today. There were some wet spots but for the most part it was dry to tacky. The Red perimeter, white, the higher trails on orange, and yellow trails were all rockin' :getsome: Its a great time to ride too before all the vegetation starts filling in. Some good views along Yellow and Orange.

Parts of blue are banged up. The lower section of the blue perimeter trail heading counter clockwise away from the trail head should be avoided. Its pretty much a mess of thick, deep mud. There is a section of blue near where the TTF's are that is a bit messy too.

With the weather coming through this week it might be a good idea to avoid the trails, but if we get a couple of dry days before next weekend it will probably be good to go.

Chris(NJ)

I was there on 19/20th. Red/wht is fine. Blue was pretty sloppy at the bottom. I thought it was fine up top. Overall, pretty good imo.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions