wmbarace

Here ya go.

Attachments

• course 2012.jpg
    course 2012.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 690
should be a fast course.......Yahoo !!

Chris

Looks like it. Some long easy climbs and short hard climbs and lots of fast descents in between (esp. the end of Upper Stinger -> Middle Stinger -> Fire road -> etc.).

Can't really complain about anything on that course; good job!

Good luck on Neds Left Lung lol man that hill just dont stop climbing :cry: .. Its a great place to ride if you know what direction to go in .

Dear lord, I spent 3 hours practicing on the sis's and stinger going the other way, thinking "man, I wish they ran this the other way!" OK, how many miles is a lap?

Went yesterday, place is unreal. I think it is the nicest place I have been at. As far as the race course goes, Great planning, tough hills with just enough places to recover. The race is going to be hard for me due to my fitness is still a ways a way. I just have to remember to breath and enjoy myself. See you there on race day.

This should be fun! I'm hoping to get up there on Sunday morning to ride there. This way I don't have to preride the course on race day. Of course they are predicting "showers" on Sunday. :cry: If that's the case, I'll just have to hike the course. :getsome: I've never been there, kinda want to get a bit familiar with it.

Why would you hike it if there are only Showers?

Just curious

No rain really happened on Sunday, and Blue could really use it!

Looks like, according to wunderground, we'll be seeing rain on Sat/Sun going into the race, so might as well get used to riding in wet conditions, unless you plan to "hike" the race =)

Hi! I am looking for a race for my kids this weekend. I was considering Fairhill until i heard it wont run in the ran. So, i have a few questions. Is this a kid friendly course? Are there a lot of technical areas. Also I I do not pre reg the kids is their an additional fee? will this race run rain or shine?

Thank you kindly
Karen

Blue is one of the more technical race courses.
Plenty of Rock/Root areas and the down hills will be fast.
You might want to post on WMBA.org or contact the promoter to see what they have laid out for the kids.

Next weekend there is a kid's only race at Jungle Habitat.
While Jungle has a lot of tech the course have been laid out well to be appropriate for kids. Possibly Blue did the same.

Blue Mt. has some really technical trails and the course this year is no exception. If your kids are experienced MTB riders, I say let them try but if not, this is not the course to cut one's teeth on.

This race should be rain or shine thought they may alter the race depending on the amount of rain and the trail conditions. The ground is so dusty and dry, which can be tricky in turns, so a good bit of rain might make conditions a little better since the trails might be able to soak up a lot of water and turn tacky rather than slippery mud.

I thought the course itself was great today. Personally, I didn't like the 5 mile laps but I do really like my rides and races on the longer side.

I woke up at 6:15 just cause thats when I get up for no reason everyday, looked out the window and said "F it...looks nice out" since i had my stuff ready I shot out the door and went for it. Conditions were real good for the cat2 races and I'm glad I nutted up and went

Back
Top Bottom