Cars, it's electric! Do Do Do

scott62

Don't ever buy a VW/Audi/Porsche - owned by Nazis. And of course any Japanese car...
Lol, in 1945, the UK took over management of VW for several years while they cleared out the nazis. Musk has shown his old South African views with his tweets. Musk believes in a small ruling class with a large working class. This was the South African’s justification for apartheid . It also explains his pro Putin postings.

rick81721

Lothar
Lol, in 1945, the UK took over management of VW for several years while they cleared out the nazis. Musk has shown his old South African views with his tweets. Musk believes in a small ruling class with a large working class. This was the South African’s justification for apartheid . It also explains his pro Putin postings.

Rhetorical question

1000000898.gif

1TrackMind

I think the more logical explanation for his tweets/behavior is his attempt to appeal to a more conservative crowd. In order for Tesla to grow, it needs to appeal to more than just the wealthy liberal elite, which though some exceptions, seems to be its solid demo. It’s in trouble now as he’s alienated that crowd and failed to pick up the new demographica right as other makers are releasing models that will.

rick81721

Lothar
I think the more logical explanation for his tweets/behavior is his attempt to appeal to a more conservative crowd. In order for Tesla to grow, it needs to appeal to more than just the wealthy liberal elite, which though some exceptions, seems to be its solid demo. It’s in trouble now as he’s alienated that crowd and failed to pick up the new demographica right as other makers are releasing models that will.

No need for a rational response to that kook Scott. Musk's father was in politics in the progressive anti-apartheid party. Then they moved to Canada when he was 18. Funny how these leftists who worshipped Musk during the early Tesla days now hate him because of Twitter and his libertarian politics!

scott62

The bridge to far was his pro Russian stand. Russia is a country of war criminals. A pro Russian stand is a pro war crime stand. If it was 1939, I would not buy a car from Ford because of H Ford’s views on Hitler.

rick81721

Lothar
The bridge to far was his pro Russian stand. Russia is a country of war criminals. A pro Russian stand is a pro war crime stand. If it was 1939, I would not buy a car from Ford because of H Ford’s views on Hitler.

More idiotic nonsense. Musk donated tens of thousands of critical starlink communications terminals to Ukraine that cost his company $100 million.

scott62

More idiotic nonsense. Musk donated tens of thousands of critical starlink communications terminals to Ukraine that cost his company $100 million.
Search his Ukrainian peace plan by Musk…..he pretty much told Ukrain to give Putin whatever he wanted…. He also threatened to pull starlink till the market reacted….. you have not been keeping up.

THATmanMANNY

So at this moment would you rather have a 38k (inc tax) top of the line new RAV4 or a new $45,500 model Y (if you qualify for the new 7,500 credit)?

Update… could be $41,500 model Y assuming NJ credit applies too…

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Our Rav4 rear door froze in the freezing rain this year. Never had that happen before.

I would 100% take the Rav4 so that I don't have to deal with a tablet for a dash. And we use our Rav4 for actual road trips multiple times a year where the Tesla is a no-go.

Plus you can't fit two bikes and all your gear in a Model Y. Somebody needs to make an electric car with better storage.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've done it
Two bikes standing up? If so that could be something in the possibility bucket. The picture below isn't our car but basically what we do on our road trips with two bikes.

However primary road trip car (Our Rav4) really can't be electric due to it's need. My car however could easily be electric, especially with the free charger at the end of our street...

1673618812805.png

Top Bottom