Car-spotting thread

On my drive home last night, a nice '69-ish Chevelle (based on tail lights) is ahead of me. Nice blue paint, chrome diff cover (!?), and that slightly rich carbureted exhaust. Next, a Tesla sandwiches itself behind the Chevelle and in front of me! My guess - he didnt drive a real car so he wanted to smell one!

That reminds me of the story I heard about my friend's first date with his now-wife of 15 years. He drove his minty E30 M3 (which he still has - less than 50k miles on it I think). On getting in the car, she carefully moved a towel on the floor out of the way so it wouldn't get dirty. The towel he put down to keep his floor matts clean... :)

My wife still mentions the time when I my drove my brand new 87 Scirocco to pick her up. She got in the car and stomped the snow off her boots all over my new car. SHe said it looked like I was going to kill her. Almost as bad as the time as when she jokingly reversed all the sliders on my graphic equalizer...

This reminded me of the scene from the movie Home Alone and the lady with the pigeons in the park. I guess this is the car spotting version

And I think that’s like a 1990s Dodge Shadow or Plymouth Sundance I wonder how many miles he’s got on it.

Oh and yeah that was Walmart parking lot
3386A937-16A0-4E78-8E32-632E65F4C38A.jpeg

So later I had to go to UPS garage and finally turn in all the uniform clothes I had so they don’t charge me for it and saw this thing in the employee parking lot.

Go figure.

View attachment 119382
That's funny. Reminds me of when I parked at Shoprite with mt 2019 Mustang GT CS.
A worker was loading the van that delivers groceries to you home, he commented on my cool car.
He told me he almost bought one, but he went with the Hellcat. I asked him how much it was and he
said about 70K. But he doesn't drive it in winter, he keeps it garraged. Makes me wonder how a delivery
driver can afford that!

GT4 poser but I'm also impressed that an employee of UPS would be able to own a $40k porsche (what one of those would be on the used market). Maybe someone from UPS corporate who was there for some reason?

Now that I worked there for 5.5 weeks during the holidays I can tell you that for a person who might only be supporting themselves there’s potential to make a decent annual salary as a package delivery driver if you include all the extra holiday hours plus overtime.

So a second hand or fake sports car is not that far fetched. Plenty of nice cars in the lot but that one stood out.

Now that I worked there for 5.5 weeks during the holidays I can tell you that for a person who might only be supporting themselves there’s potential to make a decent annual salary as a package delivery driver if you include all the extra holiday hours plus overtime.

So a second hand or fake sports car is not that far fetched. Plenty of nice cars in the lot but that one stood out.
tenor (4).gif

I worked at UPS for years back in the day, and can tell you that if they like you and put you on the management track, you can do very well. I sometimes wonder what could have been if I just stayed.

Getting a Cayman for $40k is doable, put it’s either going to be an older one, a stripper, a base model with base motor, or beat up.

Can not think of a dumber way to spend $140k
'20 Alpina B7? Saw one in a supermarket parking lot Sunday morning. Didn't want to look at it long enough to snap a pic!

bmw-alpina-b7-geneva-2019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom