Car-spotting thread

kdebello

that's a 69. Grill and marker lights are 69. Door scoops were a 70 only option. The driver side mirror looks a little hokey as well.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that's a 69. Grill and marker lights are 69. Door scoops were a 70 only option. The driver side mirror looks a little hokey as well.
Couldn't figure the year, thought it was 1970 with the raised faux door vents. But I see them with the recessed vents also in the same year. Was that just an option?
im going to guess someone added those 70 vents on after, but who knows. I mean you would think that would be easier than changing out the whole grill and headlights.

still love, but 68 was my favorite of that body style.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
70 scoops or doors added.

found out it is a 69 and a real R/T as well.

friend in hs had 69 with 440 police interceptor stock - wasn't a 6pk,
swear it had a shaker hood, or maybe just a scoop with a sealed around the air cleaner?. sucker was fast.
i could keep up with him until about 100 or so, then he'd pull away. (69 firebird 400 mod'd)

THATmanMANNY

Sometimes driving to Lowe’s in your extra leisure car is the only chance you got. Sad but true.

OTOH driver babied accelerating this thing. Did not hear it roar but TBH i’m Kinda over loud cars.
9BBF96C6-807B-4F81-BAB6-3B25013A498C.jpeg

rick81721

Lothar
OTOH driver babied accelerating this thing. Did not hear it roar but TBH i’m Kinda over loud cars.

Maserati isn't a loud car. I guess you don't want mine then!

Yesterday on 202 heading south I ran into a young guy in a gen 5 mustang. He wanted to hear mine go so I blew by him in the right lane and accelerated to about 85. He follows and just as I start to slow down, notice a white police suv in the left lane. Unless he was totally oblivious he had to see us speeding and passing on the right. Thought sure he would pull us over but he just kept on driving and turned off 202 at the next light. Whew!

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did not hear it roar but TBH i’m Kinda over loud cars.
giphy.gif

THATmanMANNY

The granturismo photo’d does have an F engine and it indeed is a beautiful sound i did not get to hear last night.

Lol good stuff

Top Bottom