Car-spotting thread

I'm guessing this 69 grande (351, auto) would go for slightly less than the Bullitt at auction (at Harlingen garage in Montgomery):

View attachment 102723
ya few dollars less...I see someone tried putting the emblem back in the grille but they were apparently drunk....god Vinyl roofs...

1969_00061_03.jpg

Had another run-in with a Tesla today in Hillsboro. Gotta say I'm impressed with these guys - they like to go (and make us gasoline powered guys look silly).

Ya...this POS, the bandit car, the delorean, bonds DB5, Eleanor, christine....I would say they are probably all close in terms of iconic, well known, etc. I can usually test this by asking my wife is she knows X car...if so, its probably iconic. Bullit as a movie was a complete piece of shit, and over 50 years old, so not sure if anyone younger than my mom would sit down and actually watch it.

Bullit has to be the most iconic car chase seen tho....I mean the 2 cars, the 2 drivers (Mcqueen and Bill Hickman)....Like Dean Jones drove herbie...thats not exactly Hickman, Mcqueen, Burt Reynolds, etc :)

Did you say Bond's DB5?

I claim Herbie has the most appearances! Unresearched.
Although the batmobile has quite a few movies too, but ya can drive Herbie.

Up next, best car songs! I got dibs on deep purple machine head

Last edited:
If you can ID this engine, you are a true car guy/gal. Bonus points for transmission and vehicles that were built with it.
No googleing
Trans looks like a torqueflite, maybe a 383 engine(I recognize the double sump pan but I can't quite remember what used it)? I'm going to guess late '60s Newport. I know that I've seen that combo somewhere before.

Trans looks like a torqueflite, maybe a 383 engine(I recognize the double sump pan but I can't quite remember what used it)? I'm going to guess late '60s Newport. I know that I've seen that combo somewhere before.
246 toothpicks. There’s 4 left in the box.

Back
Top Bottom