Car-spotting thread

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
THE NEW BEATER IS HERE!

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited S
Pentastar V6
58,000 miles
Leather, heated power seats, sunroof, auto climate control, navigation, SiriusXM, factory remote start.

It was a coworker's neighbor's car who was retiring to Georgia where he already had a car waiting. One owner, dealer maintained. Needs front brakes and a battery. I bought it the day before he left for GA for $7500. Quite the step up from the RSX.

#1.jpg#8.jpg#17.jpg#11.jpg

Dingo

THE NEW BEATER IS HERE!

Pentastar V6
58,000 miles
Leather, heated power seats, sunroof, auto climate control, navigation, SiriusXM, factory remote start.

It was a coworker's neighbor's car who was retiring to Georgia where he already had a car waiting. One owner, dealer maintained. Needs front brakes and a battery. I bought it the day before he left for GA for $7500. Quite the step up from the RSX.

View attachment 102680View attachment 102681View attachment 102682View attachment 102683
My brother inlaw, is a chrysler tech will tell ya good luck, and should have kept the Acura. Oh, and when it needs fixing give that guy my number, and bring bags of cash.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
THE NEW BEATER IS HERE!

Pentastar V6
58,000 miles

View attachment 102680View attachment 102681View attachment 102682View attachment 102683
Let me get this straight....you purchased a Chrysler as your long term beater/driving car?

The car that’s not for sale is going on sale. https://www.mecum.com/news/2019/08/...o-car-to-be-auctioned-at-kissimmee-2020/2646/
It’ll be interesting to see the ridiculous ???? this car will bring.
I still find it pretty cool that it was stashed away here in Jersey for 40 years when everyone thought it was lost forever.View attachment 102701

Very cool...if the faux shelby from gone in 60 seconds hit 1 million, im guessing this one might double that.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My bet is more.
I would not be shocked...I mean it is THIS actual car...cant think of many movie cars that are more iconic.

tumblr_nokbhkQCBm1rxobalo3_r1_400.gif

What I always found funny with this chase scene owning essentially the exact same car....How fast steve spins the steering around...Non power steering, (no rack and pinion) big block mustang...even at moving speed the wheel takes a TREMENDOUS amount of force to turn.

rick81721

Lothar

mwlikesbikes

I would not be shocked...I mean it is THIS actual car...cant think of many movie cars that are more iconic.

tumblr_nokbhkQCBm1rxobalo3_r1_400.gif

What I always found funny with this chase scene owning essentially the exact same car....How fast steve spins the steering around...Non power steering, (no rack and pinion) big block mustang...even at moving speed the wheel takes a TREMENDOUS amount of force to turn.
That and the 24 speed transmission, the Beetle they pass like 8 times, and the 7 hubcaps the Charger loses!

I think the family knew exactly what they were doing by waiting until now to sell it. People are already upset that it’s going on the block at no reserve, I say kudos to them.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've always wanted to check out a mecum auction - this would be a good one to attend.
I imagine it will be quite an event
That and the 24 speed transmission, the Beetle they pass like 8 times, and the 7 hubcaps the Charger loses!

I think the family knew exactly what they were doing by waiting until now to sell it. People are already upset that it’s going on the block at no reserve, I say kudos to them.
Seriously...
I mean the guy paid what was an OUTRAGEOUS price for the car in the early 70s... $7400 iirc.... Kept the car original, didn't dismantle it, (see other bullit movie mustang)... More power to them. Hope it sells for 10M..

serviceguy

I imagine it will be quite an event

Seriously...
I mean the guy paid what was an OUTRAGEOUS price for the car in the early 70s... $7400 iirc.... Kept the car original, didn't dismantle it, (see other bullit movie mustang)... More power to them. Hope it sells for 10M..

https://www.autobodynews.com/index....g-back-new-owner-refused-to-sell.html?start=0

"An insurance executive, Robert Kiernan, bought it for a then-steep $6,000, shipped it to his home to Madison, New Jersey, and his wife drove it on grocery-store runs around town."

"I would be happy to try to find you another Mustang similar to the one you have, if there is not too much monies involved in it,” McQueen wrote. “Otherwise, we had better forget it.” (Steve McQueen in a letter to Mr.Kiernan, 1977)

Turns out Mr.Kiernan said possibly the most valuable 'No' in automotive history!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Ya...this POS, the bandit car, the delorean, bonds DB5, Eleanor, christine....I would say they are probably all close in terms of iconic, well known, etc. I can usually test this by asking my wife is she knows X car...if so, its probably iconic. Bullit as a movie was a complete piece of shit, and over 50 years old, so not sure if anyone younger than my mom would sit down and actually watch it.

Bullit has to be the most iconic car chase seen tho....I mean the 2 cars, the 2 drivers (Mcqueen and Bill Hickman)....Like Dean Jones drove herbie...thats not exactly Hickman, Mcqueen, Burt Reynolds, etc :)

Dingo

Ya...this POS, the bandit car, the delorean, bonds DB5, Eleanor, christine....I would say they are probably all close in terms of iconic, well known, etc. I can usually test this by asking my wife is she knows X car...if so, its probably iconic. Bullit as a movie was a complete piece of shit, and over 50 years old, so not sure if anyone younger than my mom would sit down and actually watch it.

Bullit has to be the most iconic car chase seen tho....I mean the 2 cars, the 2 drivers (Mcqueen and Bill Hickman)....Like Dean Jones drove herbie...thats not exactly Hickman, Mcqueen, Burt Reynolds, etc :)
Bill Hickman:gp:

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
THE NEW BEATER IS HERE!

Pentastar V6
58,000 miles

Just needs lights and siren and you’re all set.

My brother inlaw, is a chrysler tech will tell ya good luck, and should have kept the Acura. Oh, and when it needs fixing give that guy my number, and bring bags of cash.

Original owner figured it wouldn’t make the drive to Georgia.

Top Bottom