Car-spotting thread

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
There were a bunch of weird small companies making kit kars in the 80s. If they only made a handful then it's pretty hard as it was pre-internet and it may be the only one of it's type on this side of the country, etc.

I remember years ago talking to some guy about how he bought his kit from a pool/bathtub manufacturer who decided to make kits for a bit. They specialized in fiberglass so they made a great body that needed no prep work or paint out of the mold. Which is great if all you care about is looks...
That's exactly what the owner said!! I would have ask the owner to open the hood but I needed to get home, this was taken in PA.

The car looked nice. It was really in nice shape and the paint looked good.

GTCHAMPION1

Any car is nice, but the R129 chassis, will always have a place in my heart, great story behind this one, owners mother past away and she left him this 500SL, soft-top was not working properly, had worn bushings and other couple of minor things. I definitely took extra care of this vehicle due to it's history. The alignment is when I can say that I brought this vehicle back to life, anybody can replace parts but get a soft top well synchronized with the retractable roll-bar and a wheel alignment with true factory specifications is something where the owner will feel the difference.
IMG_20220617_090420911.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Any car is nice, but the R129 chassis, will always have a place in my heart, great story behind this one, owners mother past away and she left him this 500SL, soft-top was not working properly, had worn bushings and other couple of minor things. I definitely took extra care of this vehicle die to it's history. The alignment is when I can say that I brought this vehicle back to life, anybody can replace parts but get a soft top well synchronized and a wheel alignment with true factory specifications is something where the owner will feel the difference.
View attachment 187203

tried to score a red one a few weeks ago. more price insanity going on.
think i like the r230 first gen more - the mr peanut headlights give me a ......
but you know that.

GTCHAMPION1

tried to score a red one a few weeks ago. more price insanity going on.
think i like the r230 first gen more - the mr peanut headlights give me a ......
but you know that.
Any year of the SL model is a gem at this point, as long it's been well taken care of... And I love the R230 but a 129 that runs like new even if it's slow definitely gives you a unique feeling when you drive it.

Top Bottom