Car-spotting thread

There were a bunch of weird small companies making kit kars in the 80s. If they only made a handful then it's pretty hard as it was pre-internet and it may be the only one of it's type on this side of the country, etc.

I remember years ago talking to some guy about how he bought his kit from a pool/bathtub manufacturer who decided to make kits for a bit. They specialized in fiberglass so they made a great body that needed no prep work or paint out of the mold. Which is great if all you care about is looks...
thats true, but usually they look horrendous...like someone described what a cobra looked like to them over the phone lol.
1655739056528.png

Was the guy in the lambo trying to pass on the shoulder? I ran into 2 kooks last year in bimmers that tried to do that to me.

i had some chump in a newish camry (riced out of course) try to pass me on the left shoulder of 78 last fall. He clipped the concrete barrier as the shoulder shrank and he couldnt make it past, then tried to stop me from exiting the highway and followed me when i got off. WTF is wrong with some of these people.

Was the guy in the lambo trying to pass on the shoulder? I ran into 2 kooks last year in bimmers that tried to do that to me.
No shoulder passing that I saw. This was just before Long Valley, so there are plenty of 2 lane sections. They did piss off a Karen in a white camary tho...by parking next to each other in their own lane, and leaving a 3 car gap on the one side while awaiting the light to change.

Sunday I took the mustang to the car show at horseshoe lake in roxbury....Something to torture my child with on fathers day. I didnt take a ton of pics...

This bronco was wild, 1770 original miles, its literally brand new 1979.

1655750201847.png

this was a technically a replica of a mclaren M8 race car...but its built but the same guys who built the actual race car...so kinda grey area I guess....but 375 HP, 327 chevy in it and it weighs 1800lbs...so im guessing it terrifying to drive
1655750350238.png

Some weird supercharger on an old flat head
1655750519399.png

Custom painted vette and a hemi powered cuda
1655750568214.png

So you get a free photo if you didn't die.

View attachment 187103

View attachment 187103I can see how the banking on that turn (ahem) could easily toss an unsuspecting enthusiast offline not so nicely.

Lookin good in the sun doe.

Also, my friend Chris bought a little weirdo Japanese truck. It's adorable and also terrifying.

View attachment 187112
I saw this lil rollerskate on Woodbridge Ave. Edison last night. Definitely stands out. Yes, adorable and terrifying describes it perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom