Car-spotting thread

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did you move from Union? I’m about 18 months behind... My town, same as Norm, is always the last to drop in the area

nope still in union, lucky you for getting a bit of extra time. Im not sure if they got all the roads but the main roads were definitely hit)

iman29

This has station/repair shop in Long valley always has some cool retro cars off to the side but this one made me stop to take a
Pic as I have not seen it before. I thought I was a Chevy Monza from the late 70s but I guess this was the olds version of it.

My parents had an ambassador wagon when I was growing up and the story I remember the most was when my mom was driving us home and the brakes went out I was in the back seat maybe 8-9 years old and she managed to sideswipe a few cars and head into someone’s bushes to avoid a major crash.

F5E5A758-40F4-4C91-AAB3-4392BAFFC30A.jpegA5595BAA-7A15-459F-8005-92AD3C3D9F2D.jpeg8B252217-B89C-45C6-A197-A12534A51127.jpegD08F0BB8-880A-40B4-AC86-1F9416416F77.jpeg

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As of TODAY, I am on the list for a 992 GTS at MSRP. Princeton was at 25 over. For a non-GT car. With a refundable deposit, the dealer is going to submit an ORDER DEMAND for an additional allocation. SM thinks I would likely get a car sometime in CY2022. I'm #4 on the list (small dealership) for a GTS coupe. Now, the question is, will I take it if I get offered the allocation? I asked to be invited to the spring track day where there will likely be a 992 GTS of some sort to drive. Not sure I want to give up the GT3 wail, but the GTS is arguably the better road car.

@Danimal what say you lol? Trade a 7 or 8 year old car in for 130 to order a new GTS for 140?

Here is the build code I submitted just as a placeholder.

Danimal

As of TODAY, I am on the list for a 992 GTS at MSRP. Princeton was at 25 over. For a non-GT car. With a refundable deposit, the dealer is going to submit an ORDER DEMAND for an additional allocation. SM thinks I would likely get a car sometime in CY2022. I'm #4 on the list (small dealership) for a GTS coupe. Now, the question is, will I take it if I get offered the allocation? I asked to be invited to the spring track day where there will likely be a 992 GTS of some sort to drive. Not sure I want to give up the GT3 wail, but the GTS is arguably the better road car.

@Danimal what say you lol? Trade a 7 or 8 year old car in for 130 to order a new GTS for 140?

That's a tough call.. the gt3 *should* continue to hold its value, especially with more states working on implementing the ban of ice vehicles. I guess the question is what's your ultimate goal? Just to have something fun, or to have something to hold out for investment? I wouldn't be surprised if that 992 could come close to he handling feel of your car, just with a more plush ride. But, it's also turbo, which could be beneficial if you're looking to get more power out of it down the road.

Captain Brainstorm

Since you were on the list for a GT3, get on the list for a Turbo S instead. Can't really go wrong with the GTS though. You're in a no-lose situation.

I'm toying with the idea of getting on the list for a Cayman GTS 4.0, if I can get one at list.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's a tough call.. the gt3 *should* continue to hold its value, especially with more states working on implementing the ban of ice vehicles. I guess the question is what's your ultimate goal? Just to have something fun, or to have something to hold out for investment? I wouldn't be surprised if that 992 could come close to he handling feel of your car, just with a more plush ride. But, it's also turbo, which could be beneficial if you're looking to get more power out of it down the road.

All the same questions I ask myself. My only complaint about the GT3 is after about 4 or 5 hours, it gets tiring. All the rawness does wear on you. The GTS would be a better grand tourer and the low end torque makes it just as quick on the road (991 GT3 PDK and 992 GTS PDK are both low 3-second 0-60 cars). The 992 interior is leaps and bounds more modern than the 991. But does that all matter? Neither is a better car, they are just proficient at different things. Porsche is so good at this game.

I think I'm happy that I don't have to make a decision now. In six months, I should have a better idea of what is a better fit. Maybe.

I do agree that GT3 > GTS as far as depreciation. Not in the short term, but values at 10 years old are 80% of sticker versus 60% of sticker.

Here is a good review of the GTS. This is even without the available lightweight package.

@icebiker wife is white though. Just stating facts.

@Carson meh. Keep the GT and pair it with a used P road car

No, not going to own two Porsches.

Since you were on the list for a GT3, get on the list for a Turbo S instead. Can't really go wrong with the GTS though. You're in a no-lose situation.

I'm toying with the idea of getting on the list for a Cayman GTS 4.0, if I can get one at list.

No interest in a Turbo S. Heavier, AWD. Loss of steering feel. Although it's an amazing car. It's 225 and a long wait and going for over sticker currently.

My understanding is that Cayman GTS 4.0 is about the shortest waitlist right now (other than SUVs). If you wanted one you could certainly get one by next summer.

Top Bottom