Car-spotting thread

All the same questions I ask myself. My only complaint about the GT3 is after about 4 or 5 hours, it gets tiring. All the rawness does wear on you. The GTS would be a better grand tourer and the low end torque makes it just as quick on the road (991 GT3 PDK and 992 GTS PDK are both low 3-second 0-60 cars). The 992 interior is leaps and bounds more modern than the 991. But does that all matter? Neither is a better car, they are just proficient at different things. Porsche is so good at this game.

I think I'm happy that I don't have to make a decision now. In six months, I should have a better idea of what is a better fit. Maybe.

I do agree that GT3 > GTS as far as depreciation. Not in the short term, but values at 10 years old are 80% of sticker versus 60% of sticker.

Here is a good review of the GTS. This is even without the available lightweight package.

No, not going to own two Porsches.

No interest in a Turbo S. Heavier, AWD. Loss of steering feel. Although it's an amazing car. It's 225 and a long wait and going for over sticker currently.

My understanding is that Cayman GTS 4.0 is about the shortest waitlist right now (other than SUVs). If you wanted one you could certainly get one by next summer.

Any interest in doin consistent track days? If so, keep the GT3 and use it how it was intended and enjoy the V Dub on those longer cruises. GTS would be fine for occasional track use, but you really want that cool factor, and the GT3 is the ticket for that lol.

What do you guys think about indoor car covers? Wondering if it's better to have a dust cover or not for wintering in the garage.
@Carson

What do you guys think about indoor car covers? Wondering if it's better to have a dust cover or not for wintering in the garage.
@Carson

i never used one, never will on anything i care about, if its inside, dust doesnt really hurt anything, and putting the cover on if you park outside is just asking for chaffed paint and holding extra moisture under it when it rains.(unless you can seal it to the ground and keep water from running under the car)

@Carson

Ended up getting an indoor cover - basically a fitted moving blanket.
I worry less about moving near the car, and it has significantly reduced the number of cat prints.

Isn't too tough to deal with either. Flip the sides up onto the roof, then roll from the back.
reverse to put on.

Kids love to bang their backpacks and swipe their fingers on the car for just no apparent any good reason. Oh the wife also carries 10 bags at once even if it’s cutting off her circulation.

Covers are inexpensive. Definitely a good piece of mind indoor or outdoors (if you don’t drive it much)

Any interest in doin consistent track days? If so, keep the GT3 and use it how it was intended and enjoy the V Dub on those longer cruises. GTS would be fine for occasional track use, but you really want that cool factor, and the GT3 is the ticket for that lol.

Honestly, not going to do regular track days. If I was, I would just keep the GT3 for sure. And the cool factor is there with the GT3, no doubt. It stands out and people certainly recognize it.

Kids love to bang their backpacks and swipe their fingers on the car for just no apparent any good reason. Oh the wife also carries 10 bags at once even if it’s cutting off her circulation.

Covers are inexpensive. Definitely a good piece of mind indoor or outdoors (if you don’t drive it much)

I've found it easier to wear condoms. Then I have no need for a car cover.

@Carson

To each their own but I've never bothered. But my OCD keeps anything hazardous away from the cars in the garage lol.

I dont get why the z06 is part of this story....they never actually race it in the video....and is it at all surprising that an AWD 3900lb, 1200hp vehicle can beat a rwd ~3500lb 650hp car on the street. I hate these articles, its as if the writers have 0 knowledge about cars......How about just making an article about the truck....but no, that wouldnt be clickbait enough. Truck is awesome tho

I dont get why the z06 is part of this story....they never actually race it in the video....and is it at all surprising that an AWD 3900lb, 1200hp vehicle can beat a rwd ~3500lb 650hp car on the street. I hate these articles, its as if the writers have 0 knowledge about cars......How about just making an article about the truck....but no, that wouldnt be clickbait enough. Truck is awesome tho

Truck is really cool, but any article about a 1200hp "destroying" another vehicle in a street race just doesn't sit right with me. Lost two friends in high school to a street racing crash that they had nothing to do with.

nothing special about the car but the custom security system is pretty cool.

Also would never endorse leaving a pet in the car but in this case the window is open and it was a moderate temp day the other day about 45-50F at lunchtime.

Plus dog looks like the getaway driver.

0F107C8A-7ECB-4165-9579-5358651AB628.jpeg

Saw this taking the youngest to the orthodontist. Looked brand new. Looked perfect for long distance adventure/MTB trips.

Went online and looked it up. Holy F Balls 170K?!! And that’s not even the most expensive one they have.

View attachment 172732

Look at the Winnebago Revel as well. Was $120k when they first came out. RV dealers are dealing with shortages and increased prices. Classic supply and demand.

I was working in Bay Ridge last night. Guards red doesn't hold up well to zero maintenance, zero garaging, and NYC winters for 40 years very well. I also love that you can get a parking ticket at an expired meter, but parking on the sidewalk for 40 years is somehow acceptable. Cesspool city.

@Patrick I left your phone number under the wiper in case you want to upgrade.

20211209_215708.jpg

Back
Top Bottom