Car-spotting thread

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
@GSTim

Interesting.

The Yamaha dealer closed suddenly. Maybe they have reopened but before I retired it was a mess. Family fighting and all stock was repossessed or reported stolen. Customers property was missing. Lots of civil court issues.

No, they are not able to be registered for road use in NJ. So no, they cannot be used on the road. However, Readington and Raritan Police have one each as does the Flemington-Raritan Rescue Squad, but all of those have somewhat official markings. I think you'd have noticed. And I still don't think they'd be on 202 unless it was extraordinary circumstances (flooding/power out/blizzard/crime scene).

I've seen the Yamaha mechanics rip around behind the business and towards Bensi, but never on the roadway.

Most likely a rogue Hunterdon hayseed just pressing his luck a bit too much.
I mostly only saw the roof since it was in a line of cars, so maybe it was one of rescue squad ones.

rick81721

Lothar
I think in one sense it's awesome that the bar keeps getting raised and 9.2 is insane fast for any car.... I just keep thinking that usually any car that that has ever held the production 1/4 record... Whatever it's stock time was is usually just a starting point... Like the gt500 record is now well into the 8s, and hell cats in into the 7s.... Supras, gtrs, etc etc.... You buy this and that's the end of it... Its as fast as it will ever go and that's a little disappointing

How about a 1.1 sec 0 to 60?? Can't imagine what that feels like

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
John, the guy I bought my GT3 from in Newbury, MA, decided to sell his 991.2 GT3 in this crazy market. (His original plan and why he sold me the 991.1 GT3 was to buy his friend's GT2RS. After my purchase, his friend got cold feet and decided to keep the GT2RS, which left him holding a leaky bag. He had already sold his boat (30-ish footer) to fund the 2RS, as well. He found this 991.2 GT3 locally (a friend of the friend who stiffed him, actually).

Gorgoeous graphite blue manual with carbon buckets and PCCB. The buckets are a no-go for me, but they look the business. MSRP $176K. He listed it for $190K, knowing a dealer would be asking $210+. He texted me to LMK and was a little embarrassed by what he was asking (I would guess he paid $155K to $165K in January 2021). I told him it would sell by the end of the weekend, possibly to a dealer looking to flip it for more.

He had a deposit from someone in Boston in 90 minutes for full asking. He has a build slot for a 992 Turbo. I told him to let me approve the 992 build so I can get it from him in 2 years after the depreciation hit (maybe).

Last edited:

don

John, the guy I bought my GT3 from in Newbury, MA, decided to sell his 991.2 GT3 in this crazy market. (His original plan and why he sold me the 991.1 GT3 was to buy his friend's GT2RS. After my purchase, his friend got cold feet and decided to keep the GT2RS, which left him holding a leaky bag. He had already sold his boat (30-ish footer) to fund the 2RS, as well. He found this 991.2 GT3 locally (a friend of the friend who stiffed him, actually).

Gorgoeous graphite blue manual with carbon buckets and PCCB. The buckets are a no-go for me, but they look the business. MSRP $176K. He listed it for $190K, knowing a dealer would be asking $210+. He texted me to LMK and was a little embarrassed by what he was asking (I would guess he paid $155K to $165K in January 2021). I told him it would sell by the end of the weekend, possibly to a dealer looking to flip it for more.

He had a deposit from someone in Boston in 90 minutes for full asking. He has a build slot for a 992 Turbo. I told him to let me approve the 992 build so I can get it from him in 2 years after the depreciation hit (maybe).

Wow! I know supply has a lot to do with the price hikes of certain Porsche's but do you also think that it being a manual gearbox helps as well?

I bought a 997.1 C2 Cab in March and hope the 911 prices keep going up 😉 Although it is such a fun car I won't be terribly bummed if they go down in value either.

iman29

My son has his friends friend here who’s a mechanic to work on his “project Jeep” and shows up in this nice ride.

87-ish 300ZX not the turbo but it’s very clean and all original. Not sure how many miles but it’s very well maintained.

I am not allowed to Dad hover even if they are using my garage. 🙄

Blurry pic taken through bay window like a true stalker.

B343779F-1C04-494F-92FE-493035134852.jpeg

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow! I know supply has a lot to do with the price hikes of certain Porsche's but do you also think that it being a manual gearbox helps as well?

I bought a 997.1 C2 Cab in March and hope the 911 prices keep going up 😉 Although it is such a fun car I won't be terribly bummed if they go down in value either.

Definitely. 991.2 GT3 PDK are around 170 to 190 at this point. Manuals are 190 to 220. Tourings are 220+. It's pretty crazy right now. Can't possibly be sustainable.

Reactions: don

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I punted a cat today at about 30mph. Full ABS braking from about 60. Thankfully no paint damage. Just the grille screen and maybe the snap in frame. All the tabs are present and not broken. Could have been much much worse. We both got lucky. If he hit the brace between the grilles, his eyeballs would be stuck in my radiator.

Just need to figure out how to get the front bumper cover off. Ugh.

20210610_150425.jpg

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I punted a cat today at about 30mph. Full ABS braking from about 60. Thankfully no paint damage. Just the grille screen and maybe the snap in frame. All the tabs are present and not broken. Could have been much much worse. We both got lucky. If he hit the brace between the grilles, his eyeballs would be stuck in my radiator.

Just need to figure out how to get the front bumper cover off. Ugh.

View attachment 159553
I seem to remember you trading in a car for not much more damage. If you need to let this one go to feel better I'll be right over to take it away.

Top Bottom