Car-spotting thread

jackx

It doesn't look like a Z3 M roadster, as it does not have the flared rear quarter panels for wider rear wheels, and it does not appear to have the engine side vent grills. However, it does have the 2 dual exhausts, so perhaps it is a true M.

BWM definitely made a Z3 M roadster. There was a coupe model that is lovingly referred to as a clown shoe.

The author of this article writes "The BMW Z3 M is the exact sort of car I was talking about when I wished for the Bavarians to make something dumb and fun again."

qclabrat

anyone have a suggestion near Somerville for car donations? I'd rather drop off at a lot instead of someone coming over to pick up. Car drives fine so want to bypass the middleman.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's a funny thing to read. Around 1990, a local guy (i grew up in Hackettstown) was trying to build a "street driven" 10 second Chevelle. Built 427 (dat cam...), high stall converter, short gears. Probably a 2sp powerglide (I can't recall). It was only "street driven" in the sense that you could legally drive it on the street but you wouldn't really want to. A magazine editor in South Jersey snuck into the high 13s at Atco with a stock stripper Mustang 5.0 LX and we thought that was amazing.

Modern cars be crazy.

ya, and I mean 13s for a stock 5.0 mustang...sounds slow in modern terms still thats not bad considering they only had 225 HP and cost $13,000-15000......Like what has 225HP now? lol, my wifes outback has 265. The power that can be made now with modern engines on pump gas....then add in how amazing the modern transmissions and launch control systems. Crazy stuff. My father ran super stock class in 68-71 with essentially the same mustang I have. 428 SCJ using either a 4 speed or a 3 speed auto...he ran both.....500+ horsepower in a probably sub 3000lb car and it would run 11.0-11.2 @ 127-130......tires sucked....like REALLY sucked, leaf springs, 2 and 3 speed transmissions were and still are fine, if your car is making enough power thru the entire rpm range. I have watched many old 8mm films of my dads car, launching a car was just totally different in the 60s.....car would have probably ripped the bumper off with modern tires and rear suspension.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It doesn't look like a Z3 M roadster, as it does not have the flared rear quarter panels for wider rear wheels, and it does not appear to have the engine side vent grills. However, it does have the 2 dual exhausts, so perhaps it is a true M.

BWM definitely made a Z3 M roadster. There was a coupe model that is lovingly referred to as a clown shoe.

The author of this article writes "The BMW Z3 M is the exact sort of car I was talking about when I wished for the Bavarians to make something dumb and fun again."

Looks like a regular Z3 with the added on eBay M badge.

rick81721

Lothar
I saw that video, its onboard computer recorded 8.6 @171

the SF90 gets killed obviously....but the Rimec is also 4 times the price and twice as much power.

I like any car that can run 8s....I will say tho...im kinda disappointed that all these years later and a model S 100D still cant got faster than 10.5....not that 10.5 is slow, but nobody has been able to figure out how to mod one and make it faster than stock, outside of gutting it for weight reduction. Meantime, stock engined mustang GTs are running 8s with stock 10speed autos and twin turbo setups. Shame that Elon jesus wont let anyone play with his cars.

World's fastest (quarter mile) production car @ 9.2 sec. Plaid? What kind of name is that??

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/tesla-model-s-plaid-achieves-new-quarter-mile-world-record

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
World's fastest (quarter mile) production car @ 9.2 sec. Plaid? What kind of name is that??

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/tesla-model-s-plaid-achieves-new-quarter-mile-world-record
I think in one sense it's awesome that the bar keeps getting raised and 9.2 is insane fast for any car.... I just keep thinking that usually any car that that has ever held the production 1/4 record... Whatever it's stock time was is usually just a starting point... Like the gt500 record is now well into the 8s, and hell cats in into the 7s.... Supras, gtrs, etc etc.... You buy this and that's the end of it... Its as fast as it will ever go and that's a little disappointing

Top Bottom