Car-spotting thread

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I couldn't get a pic, but today in Flemington I saw a Razr in traffic. Is there any way to make these street legal in NJ, or was the guy just risking it? This was on 202 so not just some back road. @Carson ?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I couldn't get a pic, but today in Flemington I saw a Razr in traffic. Is there any way to make these street legal in NJ, or was the guy just risking it? This was on 202 so not just some back road. @Carson ?

Not sure what that is exactly. Pull a pic from the Internet?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@GSTim

Interesting.

The Yamaha dealer closed suddenly. Maybe they have reopened but before I retired it was a mess. Family fighting and all stock was repossessed or reported stolen. Customers property was missing. Lots of civil court issues.

No, they are not able to be registered for road use in NJ. So no, they cannot be used on the road. However, Readington and Raritan Police have one each as does the Flemington-Raritan Rescue Squad, but all of those have somewhat official markings. I think you'd have noticed. And I still don't think they'd be on 202 unless it was extraordinary circumstances (flooding/power out/blizzard/crime scene).

I've seen the Yamaha mechanics rip around behind the business and towards Bensi, but never on the roadway.

Most likely a rogue Hunterdon hayseed just pressing his luck a bit too much.

ebarker9

:D

speaking of which, a slingshot went by my house today, and the two occupants were not wearing helmets.....

I'd assume it's required because they're registered as motorcycles? I've seen that fairly often as well. I don't understand not wanting to wear a helmet in one of those or on a motorcycle for protection from rocks etc that might get kicked up, even if you're unconcerned about crashing.

rick81721

Lothar
I'd assume it's required because they're registered as motorcycles? I've seen that fairly often as well. I don't understand not wanting to wear a helmet in one of those or on a motorcycle for protection from rocks etc that might get kicked up, even if you're unconcerned about crashing.

Slingshots are classified as autocycles in most states (we have friends here with one) which means you don't need a motorcycle license to drive one. Helmet laws vary by state - no clue about nj.

Top Bottom