Car-spotting thread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had one as well. First new car. I miss it, that thing was a stop light warrior.
I remember when they came out....few of the rich kids in my school talked their parents into them bc they were awd (living in PC utah)......I remember they were ~25k new which was like 10,000 more than a mustang or a camaro, but they were just killer from a stop light like you mentioned.

kdebello

I remember when they came out....few of the rich kids in my school talked their parents into them bc they were awd (living in PC utah)......I remember they were ~25k new which was like 10,000 more than a mustang or a camaro, but they were just killer from a stop light like you mentioned.

Yeah, sticker was 26k and change, but dealers were marking them up originally. Or wait a year after all the hype, and get it for under $19k like I did.

They were all over the place as far as 1/4 mile times. Maybe I had a faster one, it couldn't have been the driver. I mean, with the AWD, you just brought up the boost and go. I went 13.5 all stock. There were a few at E-Town at the time that couldn't get out of the 14s.
Fuel pressure regulator and chip from some place in here in NJ. Forget the name. Those 2 mods and went 12.6 @ 104. Have to find the time slip. Low MPH for that time but crazy 60ft time.

Dingo

Replaced many blown up engines on both the Syclone and typhoons. The cast pistons and rods were nothing special, add more boost and kaboom.

Reactions: don

mfennell

In other random news, some a-holes smashed my wife's rear window in her Cooper S 'vert at a local park. It's a thing, apparently. Got ONE dollar out of her purse.

smashed-window.jpg

The dealer wanted $650 to replace. The window is $200 shipped so, why not do it myself? The bodyshop (which bills $55/hr vs 150 or whatever it is) came up with $450, which I might have jumped at but the glass was already on order. Besides, I have plenty of time to F around. The Sportwagen cured me of any reluctance I had to rip apart nearly new cars. :)

fix-window.jpg

mfennell

I never locked any of my convertibles. Anything in the car is less costly than a ripped top.
Sucks, but better the window than the top.
For sure. The top fabric is $2500! Fortunately, breaking the glass is probably quicker and easier than dealing with a multi-layer top.

I'd leave it unlocked too. Forces you to put stuff away. The worst part is that her friend had warned her the week before to lock her purse in the trunk but she forgot. It wasn't even obviously a purse. It was in a generic shopping bag, on the floor of the back seat.

At any other time my reaction would be "Great...something else I have to mess with." Now it's more like "GREAT, something to mess with!"

Top Bottom