Car-spotting thread

Bummed I couldn’t take a pic because I was driving, but came across two 60’s era VW vans heading south on 287 together. The lead one had a sweet Santa Cruz FS bike on a rear mounted rack, above the engine door. The 2nd one had some form of bike on the roof top luggage carrier. Lying down so couldn’t tell what it was.

OK, how's this for an idea/semi-plan? We meet late morning (10-11am?) at BRR for coffee and car checkouts, grab some BBQ takeout and go for a short (or longer?) cruise around the area and wind up at Conclave for a quick beer? Conclave opens at 1pm, so times can be adjusted as needed. Just spit-balling here.

will have to see how much time I have but def morning meet and cruise

OK, how's this for an idea/semi-plan? We meet late morning (10-11am?) at BRR for coffee and car checkouts, grab some BBQ takeout and go for a short (or longer?) cruise around the area and wind up at Conclave for a quick beer? Conclave opens at 1pm, so times can be adjusted as needed. Just spit-balling here.

I'm working nights all weekend. Enjoy.

oh my dear god...so much for that car

7L93.gif

posted this on FB....figured @Dingo might like it...found this pic of my dad's old 1984 3500 Silverado tow truck. 454 4 speed...holmes 440 twin boom...what I learned to drive stick on at like age 11 or so. Had alot of fun with my dad in this truck...pulling cars out of snow, even repo'd a couple...

LFccnqV.jpg

Was this in Millburn near the train station?
no, my dads station in the picture was in Landing...aka Roxbury....But he did have another Gulf station at the intersection of Dover chester road and sussex turnpike in the early 80s...(its a shell now, last I saw)....He had ~72 Ford f350 tow truck, when it finally died, he swapped the body on to this one.

When I was really little and he still owned his gas station in jersey city, he had one that looked just like this...Ford C600 COE....I can still remember having to climb way up in it.....felt like I was sitting up against the windshield looking out from the freedom tower down at the other cars.
Hux7Lrx.jpg

which one? did you work for spartan oil?

WILPAT enterprises. They were an exxon/esso/mobile supplier of atlas parts, but he had good prices on oil, it wasn't branded as atlas.
Can't remember if we were in boonton or dover at that time. Probably out of dover - end of blackwell street.
Station was close to the corner of lakeside/mt arlington rd? there was one on landing road too? kinda fuzzy -

Back
Top Bottom