Car-spotting thread

@TJYeti what event?
Where is a good calendar of local car shows if there is one?

I thought we had a dream garage setup thread but can’t find it if we do. Spent all day yesterday organizing with two freebie cabinets. Doesn’t look that much different lol but some improvement. Need to do the other side with all the bike gear. My goal is to be able to pull both garage queens out without needing to pull motorycles, bikes, and kids toys
View attachment 210296
It was the GSmotors season opener. I’m in a few groups. Next time I get an email I’ll pm you.

A few that stood out to me on Sunday at the Red Bank C&C.

IMG_8066.JPEG
IMG_8064.JPEG
IMG_8065.JPEG

Mk5 Caddy conversion was very interesting. Owner said he was into the project for just under $10k including the Jetta. I immediately wondered what a "Safari" version with a Tdi and a light overand setup would look and sound like.

IMG_8068.JPEG
IMG_8067.JPEG

This little Alfa was sooo cool. And that engine compartment 🤤 I don't know much about them but it seems like a ton of fun and pretty unique.

IMG_8070.JPEG
IMG_8069.JPEG

Lots of neat Bimmers in the lot. This E36 Lightweight stood out to me along with a E36 M3/4/5.

Overall a good C&C with some interesting cars. The only downfall was the Lambo tools that have to get on the 2 step for a few minutes anytime they move their cars.

Last edited:
A few that stood out to me on Sunday at the Red Bank C&C.

View attachment 210388

Mk5 Caddy conversion was very interesting. Owner said he was into the project for just under $10k including the Jetta. I immediately wondered what a "Safari" version with a Tdi and a light overand setup would look and sound like.

View attachment 210392

This little Alfa was sooo cool. And that engine compartment 🤤 I don't know much about them but it seems like a ton of fun and pretty unique.

The Elise behind the Alfa is my friend Tom. He bought it new. It has a nice SC setup.

I wonder if my friend Drew brought the Alfa. He maintains a bunch of cars and often brings something old and interesting. I missed C&C so I could hurt for a few hours on the road bike but I ran into Drew and crew at the diner later.

I love those Ute conversions. Sorry I missed it. The owner of the company (Mike Smith?) co-founded Factory Five.

The Elise behind the Alfa is my friend Tom. He bought it new. It has a nice SC setup.

I wonder if my friend Drew brought the Alfa. He maintains a bunch of cars and often brings something old and interesting. I missed C&C so I could hurt for a few hours on the road bike but I ran into Drew and crew at the diner later.

I love those Ute conversions. Sorry I missed it. The owner of the company (Mike Smith?) co-founded Factory Five.
That little Elise was cool too but the Alfa pulled me in more 😉 If it is your friend Drew's Alfa tell him I was very impressed!

Interesting auto info that Mike Smith was the co-founder of FFR before the Smyth conversion company. (https://www.smythkitcars.com/about).

Oh and here is another Lotus (I'm guessing you know this guy too lol) :

IMG_8058.jpeg

IMG_8060.jpeg

Oh no, if I had the means I would certainly roll those dice.

A friend had one for a few years. I never got a ride but it was amazing to look at and hear. Parts prices were the most insane thing ever though. A clutch kit is $31K. IIRC, his car came with a receipt for $50k for a clutch and whatever-the-hell. He had an injector stick open and try to flambe a cat. The final tally was around $25k. Porsche sends a CGT-trained tech to your dealer for stuff llike that.

A friend had one for a few years. I never got a ride but it was amazing to look at and hear. Parts prices were the most insane thing ever though. A clutch kit is $31K. IIRC, his car came with a receipt for $50k for a clutch and whatever-the-hell. He had an injector stick open and try to flambe a cat. The final tally was around $25k. Porsche sends a CGT-trained tech to your dealer for stuff llike that.
The guy I know just changed the rear main on one. I think it was around $40k to do it.

Back
Top Bottom