Car-spotting thread

But then that automotive embodiment of low IQ and poor taste will remain an eyesore for even longer. I say just throw a tarp over it.

you make a good point, why do anyting to make it stay longer.

later this morning a mobile detail service showed up and spent all day washing the damn thing, my wife and i couldnt figure out
a) why?!?!?!?!
b) why did it take so f*(king long. . . .

Would bet a 6 pack that it has flashing brake lights.

it left while we were out walking the dogs so i cannot answer that question, but i would not have taken that bet. Especially not with the completely obstructed view both forward and backward, tho the missing front bumper make me think people seeing it is not the biggest problem.

Wood drive. But couldn't look at the glove box door.

Bitchin. I had an 88 or 89 Cavalier 5 spd but it was not this bad ass package. It was a 4cyl with manual steering and aftermarket sun roof and AC. I bought it for $750 and learned how to drive stick shift that night as I got it home. Good memories. Also my first ride with working AC.

No joke it's cars like that that stand out to me a lot down here. You just don't see anything older generally in NJ, at least not in Morris County.

I'm constantly reminded of the generic cars from the late 80s into the mid-90s down here that I stopped seeing up there. For instance I've seen a few of those Cavaliers, not in that good of condition of course. I saw a Chevy Beretta a few weeks ago.

The good old 2.8, it had such a distinct sound that I can hear in my head right now. I definitely grabs my attention in the rare instance I hear one these days.

You mean this guy? He daily this one amd has a couple other fun toys too.
View attachment 210008

Then theres also this guy who gets driven in every day
View attachment 210009
View attachment 210010

and saw this guy in the parking lot today as well. Banner day for car spotting.

View attachment 210011

I worked with a dude at Kar Parts in Edison (corner of Plainfield Ave and Rt 1) that drove a raked Monte Carlo w/ mag wheels. It would not surprise me if he still had one.

it left while we were out walking the dogs so i cannot answer that question, but i would not have taken that bet. Especially not with the completely obstructed view both forward and backward, tho the missing front bumper make me think people seeing it is not the biggest problem.

Now I'll double down. It's always the biggest shit boxes that have the flashing brake lights. Cars that should be driven off a cliff.

HighRes_42056_LEGOTechnicPorsche_Box.jpg

Obviously EarthRoamer has tapped into a market that the customer has some FU money and the cost mark-up is pretty significant. For reference, at work, we build specialty usage work trucks. Over-the-road bulk trucks for explosives used in the mining industry. Customer buys the chassis, ships to us and we build the CUSTOM processing equipment, usually all stainless steel. Chassis costs (Kenworth, Peterbuilt, Mack, Western Star) the customer around $300-375k, depending on the type of truck process, we charge an additional $250-375k. So all in for an explosives company, $750,000. Pic included of a truck with all the bells and whistles. You can't sleep in it. Well you could, but.
IMG_20190625_153032626_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom