Car-spotting thread

I don't understand why electric = ugly grill and stupid looking wheels. (these don't look too bad.)

And speaking of ev wheels, there was a Tesla wheel cover at the low point on Reaville by the big farm. Also a jersey license plate. Wonder if one got caught in a flood?

The guy/kid who bought my M2 is stopping by tomorrow as he screwed up the title and I need to sign some form for him as the past owner. He apparently tuned it, dropped it, put a larger spoiler on it...all the things he said he wouldn't do. I'm scared to see it. Pics to follow.

The guy/kid who bought my M2 is stopping by tomorrow as he screwed up the title and I need to sign some form for him as the past owner. He apparently tuned it, dropped it, put a larger spoiler on it...all the things he said he wouldn't do. I'm scared to see it. Pics to follow.
just remember, you got the $$$$$$$$$$$$

That said, remind him that he ruined it

First time dipper. Going to add glossifier too
View attachment 162950View attachment 162951

your rattle canning wheels on a $100,000 car? seriously? my god man.....go get them powder coated...Blastlabs in dover.

Was planning full engine dressing, but decided on simple instead. The LS6 rail covers were backordered for some time at Summit but finally got them yesterday. I really couldn't stand the wires everywhere.PXL_20210720_193118366.jpg

Missed a Firebird "run" starting in Edison two weeks back but caught up with them in Watchung. Somewhat unimpressive group except for a supercharged 97. Got a name from him for a tuner he used, I've called a few shops and not many are taking new work. Also not many doing legit pro-touring work in the neighborhood either.
PXL_20210710_200432689.jpg

I think Somerville is "official" every other Friday. Last week had a good showing, I only cruised Main street in both directions before grabbing ice cream after dinner with my daughter. Lots of variety that day, with KITT probably the crowd favorite...PXL_20210716_233715004.jpgPXL_20210716_232542159.jpg

The kid who bought my M2 came by tonight. He took me for a quick ride.

Dinan intake, intercooler
VSRF charge pipe
BootMod tune
KW springs
CF side skirts, diffuser, mirrors, spoiler
Dinan exhaust on order

It's a little quicker but not a huge amount. Feels quicker above 5000 RPM the few times he wound it out. He's got 20,200 miles on it now, bought it in October with 17,000.

He drives like a Millennial. Full throttle, shifts at 4500, full throttle, shifts at 4500. I feel bad for the turbo. It's not long for this world.

He washed it before he came over so I wasn't annoyed with him LOL.

20210721_202114.jpg20210721_202102.jpg20210721_202133.jpg

I signed the NJMVC paperwork so he can get a title and real plates. He made some error on the title and NJMVC won't reissue a new title without my certification that I willingly sold it to him.

VSRF charge pipe
BootMod tune
KW springs
Dinan exhaust on order

It's a little quicker but not a huge amount. Feels quicker above 5000 RPM the few times he wound it out. He's got 20,200 miles on it now, bought it in October with 17,000.

He drives like a Millennial. Full throttle, shifts at 4500, full throttle, shifts at 4500. I feel bad for the turbo. It's not long for this world.

View attachment 163103View attachment 163104View attachment 163105

I signed the NJMVC paperwork so he can get a title and real plates. He made some error on the title and NJMVC won't reissue a new title without my certification that I willingly sold it to him.

That spoiler is 🤮. Still love that color tho.

VSRF charge pipe
BootMod tune
KW springs
Dinan exhaust on order

Was talking to my doctor yesterday - 90% of our conversations are about cars (he has an Audi RS5). He's going to the BMW Mcar 2 day driving class next year in SC. He tracks his car occasionally

double post from my JIYF ride today

Older guy has a nice collection of toys besides these he has a C4 or C5 vette and also an 63 split window tucked into the garage. Garage is 2 cars wide but has an expanded section closer to the house inside where he has room for 3 wide, each with a lift.

Vanity plate on KITT says "MRKNIGHT"

The Purple wrapped Dub Sub is NOT part if his collection though that was somewhere else.

1626989885445.png
1626989942536.png

VSRF charge pipe
BootMod tune
KW springs
Dinan exhaust on order

Did he drool over the GT?

03 Carrara for sale. Interior got a little wet. Front bumper wasn't too bad until the wrecker caught the post and ripped it off.

Today's life lesson for that poor guy - always use emergency brake and keep the car in gear when parked. Also don't park heading downhill with either. 3ft either direction, the guide rail post would have maybe prevented it from making it to the water.

IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom