Car-spotting thread

oh dam that sucks...try this set up too for good measure....see how good they are at ninja warrior

+1 on the bucket trap. Home-brew version uses a stiff wire to cross the bucket, run through a centered 12oz beverage can with a bead of PB around its center circumference. I do this in our warehouse every Fall and 1-2 time during Winter.

one of my boyhood dream cars. it even has the 6.6L engine

View attachment 129369

View attachment 129370
I know these ones are the most famous and popular, but god I love this one so much more (1970)...am I crazy? @Dingo your a gm guy, agree?

1970-pontiac-trans-am-front-three-quarter.jpg

Oh yeah! Early F bodies are my fav. My best bud since childhood has a mint 1971 T/A. He bought it in 1980 for $2500, low miles all original, 455HO M-22. We had it out for a spin last fall. Such an amazing vehicle, compared to these new OTLLC. objects that look like cars

I know these ones are the most famous and popular, but god I love this one so much more (1970)...am I crazy? @Dingo your a gm guy, agree?

1970-pontiac-trans-am-front-three-quarter.jpg
To me, this is the pinnacle of a Firebird and I grew up in the '80s loving smokey and the bandit. In every way this car is superior and just prettier obviously just a personal opinion.

I'm with you on that as well. A 455HO/M22 car, like @Dingo describes, is particularly awesome. Gotta be pretty rare, too, I'd imagine. Any of these cars was way cooler before the all the smog stuff happened.

Though I had three buddies in the late 70's whose older brothers each bought a Z28, a Z28, (both 4 speeds) and a Firebird Formula (with the 400ci Pontiac motor, not the 403 Olds). At age 12, we were in heaven when one of those guys would drive us to the mall or whatever.

I'm with you on that as well. A 455HO/M22 car, like @Dingo describes, is particularly awesome. Gotta be pretty rare, too, I'd imagine. Any of these cars was way cooler before the all the smog stuff happened.

Though I had three buddies in the late 70's whose older brothers each bought a Z28, a Z28, (both 4 speeds) and a Firebird Formula (with the 400ci Pontiac motor, not the 403 Olds). At age 12, we were in heaven when one of those guys would drive us to the mall or whatever.

My friends all had Camaros, Firebirds and Mustangs. My dad had a Monte SS that I would smoke all my friends with. Till I did about $9K worth of damage to it and he sold it. And I ended up with a Datsun B210 which smoked nothing but oil.

Total production of '71 TA was 2116, 884 were 4-speed. Pretty rare by GM standards. I have first dibs on it if his wife starts with the divorce crap. I figure $100.00 and when it's over sell it back to him. Amazing it survived our youthful exploits. He had a DD 1974 formula 350, that one took all the abuse.

nice upgrade! @GSTim. Vids racing GS please

so this damn mouse has made it to my m3 too. Nothing like the other car. He’s just chilling on the engine cover. Snacking there and shittting. I cleaned it out Thursday. Friday check, nothing. Now sat afternoon I find shit in the same place again.

I moved the cars to the street to fuck with him. Since I read mice like routine. And also if I see shit there again in a couple days then he’s just living in the car? That would be fucked up.

I don’t know what to do. I have a feeling it is hiding in this rotted out column and coming out at night.

so this damn mouse has made it to my m3 too. Nothing like the other car. He’s just chilling on the engine cover. Snacking there and shittting. I cleaned it out Thursday. Friday check, nothing. Now sat afternoon I find shit in the same place again.

I moved the cars to the street to fuck with him. Since I read mice like routine. And also if I see shit there again in a couple days then he’s just living in the car? That would be fucked up.

I don’t know what to do. I have a feeling it is hiding in this rotted out column and coming out at night.
Not kidding but if you or someone you know has a cat get a bag of used cat litter and place little bags of it around and under your car and garage at night. They smell scares them away.
Did that to get rid of stuff living under my shed too.

rats in FL are a big problem for people leaving cars out of garages. Some say mothballs in the engine bay will keep them out.

Fire of course ??? Burn down garage and Tesla....? That is all...

I do have cats! I read that too and will now certainly give that a go. Used litter stanks. I try stay away from that shit too.

Pros and cons with fire

Back
Top Bottom