Car-spotting thread

For about a minute. :)

I once helped a friend put test pipes and a muffler with a remote bypass on his Ferrari 430. He already had tubular headers. It was insane. He lasted about a month before he put cats back, reverting it to merely antisocial.

Here's my reaction the first time I started it in bypass mode. Just idle was painful (the phone mic greatly reduces the crazy):

With the valves closed, it sounded nice but was still so, so loud:

Yeah it sounds insane but that's definitely a bit much for a car you're gonna be driving regularly on the street.

Did you chemical test the road surface before determining it’s ok to bring this out? Has the Rabbit seen the outdoors since November?

I'm trying to be better. Mostly.

The Rabbit has 8400 miles on it and it was in Boston last month! But the roads were clear and dry.

I posted this on the bookface, but for people like @Dingo who are smart enough to stay off of there :) I was going thru some of my old gopro sd card and forgot I had made this years ago right before I took the car "totally" apart....its a nice motivator to go work in the cold garage late at night in january

I posted this on the bookface, but for people like @Dingo who are smart enough to stay off of there :) I was going thru some of my old gopro sd card and forgot I had made this years ago right before I took the car "totally" apart....its a nice motivator to go work in the cold garage late at night in january

You sent it before sending it was cool.

im wondering if it will spin the tires thru 2nd gear anymore now that I put a locker in it....im guessing no...or maybe it will just spin me off the road now instead :)
You'll have to use non-American terminology. Is this another one of those Posi/LSD terms? If you got wheel spin before, I'm assuming it was one wheel letting go in that case?

My S14 was welded because poor. Dragged the outside wheel on turns. That was a fun deathtrap. You'll be fine with real equipment.

You'll have to use non-American terminology. Is this another one of those Posi/LSD terms? If you got wheel spin before, I'm assuming it was one wheel letting go in that case?
yes, in this video...open dif..completely. One wheel was spinning. It now has ford "traction lok" which is a clutch type (non mechanical) LSD

nice motivation for sure, looks like your rowing a boat tho :oops::rolleyes:o_O

Funny how ridiculously small the seats appear - like from a kiddy car

nice motivation for sure, looks like your rowing a boat tho :oops::rolleyes:o_O
hahah, ya, its not a modern t-56 with an internal rail shifter....a hurst would make it a little better, but this is the original, untouched 53 year old trans..im not power shifting it anymore.

Fun fact that some of you would already know...that is the same trans/shifter shelby used for the cobra....he just turned it around backwards

DSC00146.jpg

Funny how ridiculously small the seats appear - like from a kiddy car
its kinda of a weird fish eye view from my old gopro 1 (hero)...but ya...pre 1968, nothing was required to have "head restraints" so when you got rear ended, you also become decapitated too. But you want to know why my car can have a 650lb cast iron engine, cast iron transmission, cast iron bell housing...and yet still weight 800lbs less that yours.

Back
Top Bottom