Car-spotting thread

rick81721

Lothar
Legal!

20200127_154009.jpg

So here's the strategy - have 3 presets: red, blue, amber. If a cop sees red or blue and pulls me over, I flip it to amber. My response - maybe it was your angle of view. Would it fly? TBD

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
so i'm thinking this is like mood lighting - ride around with amber, but when ya get your road rage on, or need to put a lesser vehicle
(like some honda buzz bomb) in its place you go red. If the temps go under 50, def blue. Wonder if this can be added as an alexa skill?
(running in silver mode of course)

rick81721

Lothar
ya I dont get it either.....but whatever Rick feels like doing to impress the high school kids is ok with me :)

Short of stuffing a turbo into this thing, there's not much to do to increase performance. I might replace the driveshaft with a CF one. Other than that, it's all cosmetic - wheels, lights, etc. Tires are really starting to lose traction, might do a wheel/tire upgrade too.

rick81721

Lothar
so i'm thinking this is like mood lighting - ride around with amber, but when ya get your road rage on, or need to put a lesser vehicle
(like some honda buzz bomb) in its place you go red. If the temps go under 50, def blue. Wonder if this can be added as an alexa skill?
(running in silver mode of course)

Good point - I have Alexa in the car - wonder if it could control the DD app. Gotta look into it

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Short of stuffing a turbo into this thing, there's not much to do to increase performance. I might replace the driveshaft with a CF one. Other than that, it's all cosmetic - wheels, lights, etc. Tires are really starting to lose traction, might do a wheel/tire upgrade too.
i hear you...I mean for me...I like the look totally stock...and that car is pretty spot on with look/sound/performance right from the factory....if i had one, I couldnt imagine modding it outside of maybe making it even louder, bc why not.

rick81721

Lothar
i hear you...I mean for me...I like the look totally stock...and that car is pretty spot on with look/sound/performance right from the factory....if i had one, I couldnt imagine modding it outside of maybe making it even louder, bc why not.

Already did a louder mod - resonator delete, but I yeah am exhaust is an option

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I don't think you can do better than the Pilot SS or the Pilot S4S. Skip the Cup 2s. You drive too much and aren't afraid of rain and cold roads. Cup 2s don't like the cold and rain.

Last edited:

mfennell

How about full straight pipes? Maybe even Titanium. That would be epic
For about a minute. :)

I once helped a friend put test pipes and a muffler with a remote bypass on his Ferrari 430. He already had tubular headers. It was insane. He lasted about a month before he put cats back, reverting it to merely antisocial.

Here's my reaction the first time I started it in bypass mode. Just idle was painful (the phone mic greatly reduces the crazy):

With the valves closed, it sounded nice but was still so, so loud:

Top Bottom