Cane Creek Shock Rebuild

BrianGT3

Anyone here run a cane creek shock?

Being that the enduro racing season is around the corner its time to freshen things up.

Looking to get my DB Inline refreshed & serviced, curious where I should either take it or send it. Unfortunately they're not a DIY shock unlike a fox float or rockshox.

Aside from that good recommendations to also get a Pike Fork serviced? I have the oil, dust seals, tools, but just not the time!

Thanks

I'll tell you if you tell me what XC bike you're running! Lmao kidding! I'll see it soon enough!!!

Edit- Paul didn't tell me and he should know more about the servicing of the shock and pike

Anyone here run a cane creek shock?

Being that the enduro racing season is around the corner its time to freshen things up.

Looking to get my DB Inline refreshed & serviced, curious where I should either take it or send it. Unfortunately they're not a DIY shock unlike a fox float or rockshox.

Aside from that good recommendations to also get a Pike Fork serviced? I have the oil, dust seals, tools, but just not the time!

Thanks
My understanding is these are your guys, you better get on it as this is their busy season and things can get backed up (as I am sure they are with the warm weather).

http://www.mtbsuspensionexperts.com/cane-creek-service

My understanding is these are your guys, you better get on it as this is their busy season and things can get backed up (as I am sure they are with the warm weather).

http://www.mtbsuspensionexperts.com/cane-creek-service

Thanks for the recommendation, they do work on cane creek shocks, unfortunately not the DB Inline yet*. Regardless they have great reviews, spoke with a tech yesterday that answered all my questions, sending my forks down to them. The Cane Creek DB Inline directly to cane creek for service.

Sent my in line to CC. Fast turn around, works like new. Only complaint was the $.

The in line has changed my bike for the better over the RP23 dung, still happy just less beer money.

I sent everything out Friday April 1st, got it back today Friday April 15th. 2 week turn around. The forks went to MTB Suspension Experts, Shock to Cane Creek. Picking up my tensioned and trued wheels from Halter's tomorrow morning after getting the bike back together with suspension. Looking forward to seeing how it feels.

I sent everything out Friday April 1st, got it back today Friday April 15th. 2 week turn around. The forks went to MTB Suspension Experts, Shock to Cane Creek. Picking up my tensioned and trued wheels from Halter's tomorrow morning after getting the bike back together with suspension. Looking forward to seeing how it feels.
How much was the Inline service?

The inline service was $150, shipping (to/from) combined $31, so $181 total.

Forks were a little more, around $180 for the service shipping to/from $220 total.

Yea combine the two it's a lot for suspension service, but once a year isn't that bad. Have to pay to play. Lately things have become cost/benefit. I have the tools and background that I could do a full rebuild myself, but it will take me a few hours. Time that could be working instead (I run my own business) or riding!!! I'll pull the forks apart mid season to throw in some new dust seals and fresh fluid, forks are incredibly supple right now on initial stroke. Racing every little bit helps, I like to ride where I feel mentally comfortable, having a setup suspension working properly helps tremendously.

The cost is high but yes it is worth it, along with the suspension I had halter's true/tension my wheels, and respoke my rear wheel with stronger spokes. I broke a few spokes last season on the rear.

Saturday morning I installed all new bearings in the suspension linkages and freshened up the drivetrain. The bike feels and rides new. Did a shakedown run @ chimney rock Saturday afternoon after completing everything. I wanted to put the suspension through some abuse and then recheck everything after including the spokes. Stuff likes to loosen up. I hit a 1:04 on Kram's DH, a tenth or two off where I was at a month earlier, except I felt I could've hit some of the corners faster, the bike was planted the entire time. Month earlier I had some big slides going into some of the corners.
https://www.strava.com/activities/547456618

Went out again sunday, running the suspension with an air token to make it a little more progressive and stiffer compression. It soaks up the hits better, a lot easier to load up the suspension then hop over obstacles. Used to run my pike at 62 psi, running 70psi now (160lbs) and loving it. Set some more PR's despite my legs being shot, I did lots of riding last week and had nothing on the short sprints.
https://www.strava.com/activities/548594462

Really looking forward to getting out on the enduro some more and competing in my first race up in VT mid may. Meantime I'm planning to head up to Mtn Creek to get some runs in!

I sent two forks to them over the winter. All good. Now I'm ready to ride.

I'm pretty happy with them, forgot to mention I received a full spec sheet on what was serviced and utilized, next recommended service, recommended sag settings and direct contact info for the tech that worked on my forks.

Back
Top Bottom