Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
So the BOX falls to the bottom? Are you using the stock fork? What type of BB did it come with?
Yep... AdventX on the Ragley and the Box9 on the Axum
AdventX feels good... I would put this up there with GX in terms of feel. Depending on how this does on the trail, I might just dump the GX on the Hightower.

Installed the RS SID 100mm on the Axum. If I am not happy with the geo, then I will think about replacing with the Reba. SID has the charger 2.0 and the Reba has the motion control so the SID is the better fork.

Axum comes with the square tapered with open cartridge bearings.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... not sure if I had the clutch engaged on the AdventX

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
It's not terrible... I might like this.
The 2.25 front looks tiny compared to 2.6 in the rear :D
20220922_190753.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Solid looking bike, anyway to change the rear dropouts to TA?
Dropouts can't be changed unless I take some welding classes. I gotta do the end cap thing.
Even with the stock rear wheel on... the bike got significantly lighter. Without measuring, I wanna say it prolly lost 4-5lbs.

Raceface Aeffect 780 handlebar (parts bin)
Raceface Chester stem 40mm (new)
Rockshox SID RL (parts bin)
SRAM Level Ultimate (parts bin)
Box Prime9 2 Shifter and RD (hand me down? from the Marley... which in return got the AdventX)
Ergon grips (parts bin)
XT pedals (parts bin)
Cane Creek upper headset (parts bin)
Fun lower headset (new)

Spent about $475 so far... not bad

Will be getting Sun Ringle Duroc 40 rear wheel (free)
Leaning towards Raceface ARC 35 with Novatec front

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
you are much more ambitious than I. As discussed, you should have a side gig rebuilding forks, droppers and shocks
I'm just a cheap bastid and I like the Reverb.
Once I reset the IFP and not pull on the saddle while the dropper is down, Reverbs have been pretty good to me. They are a little slow when the temperature is cold but other than that... great dropper.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Damn... hit a snag on the Axum
Got the rear wheel from my friend last night but it looks like it has a SRAM 746 hub and I don't think they make end caps for 141QR for this.
Do I want to build a rear wheel as well? Or keep the boat anchor of the stock wheel the bike came with?

serviceguy

Got the rear wheel from my friend last night but it looks like it has a SRAM 746 hub and I don't think they make end caps for 141QR for this.
Do I want to build a rear wheel as well? Or keep the boat anchor of the stock wheel the bike came with?
135AA3D4-5DFB-4230-B1B2-F09C1FDCBFDB.gif

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
This because it's a Walmart bike that is now getting up to real bike price.
If add up all the dollars, including all the stuff from the parts bin, as to how i would want this to end up, it's prolly over a grand easy. Just saving on the cost of the frame.

qclabrat

I'd say keep the anchor as you may not even keep the bike after a year. Peel off the stickers and make it someone else's dream bike.

Top Bottom