Book of Paul H

qclabrat

Not a commuter.
It's a "I'm bored and I want to throw money down the drain" bike.
This is one of the things I kinda wanted to. Upgrade a Walmart bike that's half way decent.

The other item on my bucket list is to build an aliexpress bike lol
The Axum is actually a real bargain for that price. I looked and couldn't find a better bike with a tapered HT for under 4 bills. Walmart also has a 27.5 for under $100, down from $400. But doesn't have taper or disc mounts in rear

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
The Axum is actually a real bargain for that price. I looked and couldn't find a better bike with a tapered HT for under 4 bills. Walmart also has a 27.5 for under $100, down from $400. But doesn't have taper or disc mounts in rear
Got the Axum for 250 lol

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
20220915_183655.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Perfect bike for HM
Are you trying to kill me?

But really... the bike pedals pretty well. The fork and brakes scare the shit out of me... but as a around the block bike.. it's damn good.

The usual suspects of a Walmart bike

Brakes setting off
Headset preload off
Stem bolts loose
Stem clamp bolts not even
Tire pressure almost flat
Handlebars not straight
Surprisingly... RD indexing was done well

Edit: forgot to mention that both rotors are bent

Last edited:

mtbiker87

I don't think you'd die at Stewart on that bike 🤔...
DISCLAIMER: No assumption of the validity of this comment as being truthful is the responsibility of the person who originally posted it, that specific person being @mtbiker87, who should in no way be giving such advice to any one at any time.

qclabrat

Are you trying to kill me?

But really... the bike pedals pretty well. The fork and brakes scare the shit out of me... but as a around the block bike.. it's damn good.

The usual suspects of a Walmart bike

Brakes setting off
Headset preload off
Stem bolts loose
Stem clamp bolts not even
Tire pressure almost flat
Handlebars not straight
Surprisingly... RD indexing was done well
Check out that gold chain. Classy
You must do a before and after review

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I don't think you'd die at Stewart on that bike 🤔...
DISCLAIMER: No assumption of the validity of this comment as being truthful is the responsibility of the person who originally posted it, that specific person being @mtbiker87, who should in no way be giving such advice to any one at any time.
Stewart might work... let's do it!

Please give a review of how well the kickstand functions (I think that is what that thing hanging off the back is). Maybe it was something left on for shipping and you should remove it before riding?
Kickstand was so cool that it was the first thing to come off lol
20220915_201032.jpg

Was there any grease on the bearings as per the video?
Didn't check lol

Check out that gold chain. Classy
You must do a before and after review
If I don't die... will do

Last edited:

qclabrat

I almost drove down to the Watchung Walmart for the same, but have another bike project. Does the frame ride like a true large?

mtbiker87

Totally down for Stewart on Sunday then. I'll bring the SS ! Make a list of stuff you want or need. I got a mess of stuff, and might be moving soon, so if it don't go now, good chance I'll try and off it at JORBA fest. That possibly includes a few bikes as well. Unfortunately might have to thin the heard a bit.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I almost drove down to the Watchung Walmart for the same, but have another bike project. Does the frame ride like a true large?
Not sure how the sizing is on current bikes but it definitely feels like a large to me. But Schwinn does make a M for the Axum... just that its not going be $250.
The bad about the Axum is the standover height. I have a 31 inseam and my boys are sitting on the top tube.

Totally down for Stewart on Sunday then. I'll bring the SS ! Make a list of stuff you want or need. I got a mess of stuff, and might be moving soon, so if it don't go now, good chance I'll try and off it at JORBA fest. That possibly includes a few bikes as well. Unfortunately might have to thin the heard a bit.
Cool. Lets talk at Stewart. Would love your input on which direction I should go with this bike.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Prepped the Axum for Sunday
Changed the pedals
Changed the grips
Installed bottle cage
Installed ghetto tube chainstay protector
Otherwise... stock
20220916_225641.jpg

This bike is massive with the 29 plus... my Ragley looks like a baby next to it. Anyways... I'm gonna die riding this thing on Sunday.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Shopping list

Dropper 30.9
WTB Volt saddle
Crank NX or Deore
35 Stem 40-50mm
Frt Wheel boost 40
Microshift AdventX

Last edited:
Top Bottom