Book of Paul H

Is it a sin to install a riser bar on a XC bike?
Yes.
abomination.gif

Ragley is currently running 150 fork
I see that Marley complete bikes are coming with 130
Max is supposed to be 140
I was thinking about going down to 130 because with the 150, doesn't climb all that well. Should I go 130 or 140?

Ragley is currently running 150 fork
I see that Marley complete bikes are coming with 130
Max is supposed to be 140
I was thinking about going down to 130 because with the 150, doesn't climb all that well. Should I go 130 or 140?
I did a lot of research before getting into hardtails. Starting with the disclaimer- people should ride what they like and what works for them… With that being said, fork length changes geometry much more proportionally on a hardtail than a full squish so I prefer less travel. Chances are one is not hitting big drops or going to Creek with a hardtail. Both my bikes have 120 travel and have had no issues. Keeping in mind they are designed for 120-140mm. Going with the shorter fork, I put a 35mm rise bar on each bike. As to the question about high rise bar on the Niner, maybe it will feel more secure on chunk… One potential issue is making sure there is enough weight on the front in turns. Both my bikes have tall stacks, short stems and I am up off the seat most of the time and shift weight in turns to weigh the front down. Let’s face it, hardtails on our trails up north are not designed to sit and spin

Just got the chance to check out the free Pike I just picked up.
I think I know what the problem is... I think its that suck down that a lot of Rockshox forks have.
Oh man.... this is going to be good. The Ragley is going to get an awesome upgrade!
Going to bring the travel down to a 130 and give it a Debonair C1? upgrade

Anyone wants to buy a 150 travel boost RS Reba RL? This is whats currently on the Ragley.

I’ve got nothing for you, recently I rode nothing else than El Mariachis in any possible flavor, full rigid SS, 110mm fork and full rigid gravel…well, one of them is orange, can you do anything with that?

Back
Top Bottom