Book of Paul H

JerseyPete

no, please explain
Hang the bike in the upright position with one hook in the rear wheel and the other hook under the stem. I offset the hook to allow for the dropper post in the MTB and for the drop bars on the road bike. I can also remove the front wheels if they are in the way of me working on something in the garage. And yes, my water bottle holders are cheesy but they work great.

20220709_120733.jpg
20220709_120633.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Hang the bike in the upright position with one hook in the rear wheel and the other hook under the stem. I offset the hook to allow for the dropper post in the MTB and for the drop bars on the road bike. I can also remove the front wheels if they are in the way of me working on something in the garage. And yes, my water bottle holders are cheesy but they work great.

View attachment 189167View attachment 189168
My question is why does a road bike needs to be hung right side up

JerseyPete

My question is why does a road bike needs to be hung right side up
it doesnt, neither does a mtb, regardless of brake type
It has nothing to do with the brakes.
Other than the vertical offset, the hooks are the same spacing as hanging them inverted. As such, I've had them both ways and found that I have less ducking with the bikes right side up. Sung is taller than me so I thought it would benefit him, especially if the front wheel is removed.

serviceguy

It has nothing to do with the brakes.
Other than the vertical offset, the hooks are the same spacing as hanging them inverted. As such, I've had them both ways and found that I have less ducking with the bikes right side up. Sung is taller than me so I thought it would benefit him, especially if the front wheel is removed.
By right side you mean the top side? Who’s Sung?

JerseyPete

Right side meaning the way you would ride them... besides when it is icy at TOS. Rubber side down. :D
Sung the the guy taller than me who uses his garage for everything.

serviceguy

serviceguy

Sung's,,,the guys I Remembered when he stop taking Rest during A rides (with me) he will always light up his Cigaretes and give me second hand smokes 🤣🤣

and i heard oneday
he burned down his garage
when working on some secret project
not if that was true tho

and he rides a sick yellow santacruz

hope that helps!🤟
Ah, that guy.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Rode the Ragley today at Mahlon.
The bike felt good.... better than any other times. One thing I didn't mention was that I swapped out the handlebar to a 35mm riser. I really enjoyed the bike today. I hope this is not a fluke. It just needs a slight tweak and I think it will be good.

liong71er

Rode the Ragley today at Mahlon.
The bike felt good.... better than any other times. One thing I didn't mention was that I swapped out the handlebar to a 35mm riser. I really enjoyed the bike today. I hope this is not a fluke. It just needs a slight tweak and I think it will be good.
where's the pics? i like to see if you doing it Right!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Is it a sin to install a riser bar on a XC bike?

Just got a feeling my neck and back will suffer on the Niner at my old age.

Top Bottom