Book of Paul H

What do you need to do to make the RD work with 2 wheel sets without making adjustments to the RD?
To elaborate... the bike currently has 650b wheels but when I want to slap on the 29er, I need to adjust the RD limiters and tension. They both have the same SRAM GX cassettes.
I am assuming the dish on 1 wheel is slightly off? Just to clarify... I didn't build neither wheels.

hmm i have 4 wheelsets that share across 2 bikes, 0 derailluer adjustments swapping wheels, i did have to shim rotors on 3 of the 4 wheels to make them all the same, but nothing with the cassette.

i wouldnt expect wheel dish to affect cassette position since its attached to the hub and the dish moves the rim relative to that, the mounting to the bike is the axle which goes thru the hub.

What do you need to do to make the RD work with 2 wheel sets without making adjustments to the RD?
To elaborate... the bike currently has 650b wheels but when I want to slap on the 29er, I need to adjust the RD limiters and tension. They both have the same SRAM GX cassettes.
I am assuming the dish on 1 wheel is slightly off? Just to clarify... I didn't build neither wheels.
That is weird, I have 3 sets of wheels from different manufacturers (1 Hope and 2 DT Swiss), never had to adjust the shifters nor the calipers. Something has to be wrong with the end caps on one of your wheels. As Bill said, the cassette refers to the hub, the end cap positions it horizontally (sideways).

So I was bored again.... I guess injury and time off the saddle does this. Bike stand on my small work bench? Coffee Table? Not sure what to call it.
20191208_210220.jpg

Needs GX Eagle!!!
50t? First... It wont fit. 42t is the max on a Apex 1.... so I am told. Also.... in my hood, I haven't come across anything on the road that requires more than 36/32 gearing. 42/42 is overkill as it is. Besides... don't like to spend too much on a "roadie"

I was actually thinking of visiting the monument to stickers and anti thefft on the way in yesterday, but I forgot to pack the stickers. Damn.

Back
Top Bottom