Boating, Sailing, & Floating Devices

THATmanMANNY

IF you have the space and right transport equipment, What factors are making you go inflatable? Have you ever pumped one up? I just like to grab and go and rolling up a wet board/kayak and stuffing it in a bag is something I don’t want to do. I’ve seen a few listings for popped inflatables people have given up on.
*disclosure, I’ve never tried an inflatable

You’re in FL, just get the boat and stop being all green by getting a kayak 😆 I just thought the sea eagle description was funny.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been looking at this:

but I want to try a SUP and see if I like the standing aspect of it.
Yes try them both and decide.

Imo sup are somewhat of a novelty, something to play with for a bit. Ive used a sup and it was fun but If I had to pick only one, I'd choose kayak/canoe.

Kayaks, canoes are more for adventures . You can travel greater distances and explore, fish, shoots photos much more efficiently.

If you have less then an hour to play, SUP.

If you have the afternoon or want to plan a wknd getaway on water kayak/canoe.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

rick81721

Lothar
IF you have the space and right transport equipment, What factors are making you go inflatable? Have you ever pumped one up? I just like to grab and go and rolling up a wet board/kayak and stuffing it in a bag is something I don’t want to do. I’ve seen a few listings for popped inflatables people have given up on.
*disclosure, I’ve never tried an inflatable

You’re in FL, just get the boat and stop being all green by getting a kayak 😆 I just thought the sea eagle description was funny.

Talked to a guy who has been down here for 15 years and had many SUPs and kayaks. He likes inflatables better. Our houses here have no basements so storage is at a premium - everything goes in the garage.

Will get a boat down here but a kayak is good for upper body exercise plus can fish in places the boat can't get to.

JDurk

Talked to a guy who has been down here for 15 years and had many SUPs and kayaks. He likes inflatables better. Our houses here have no basements so storage is at a premium - everything goes in the garage.

Will get a boat down here but a kayak is good for upper body exercise plus can fish in places the boat can't get to.
Same reason we got inflatable. Wife and I got 2 of these to take along when we go camping. Packs down to fit in the bed of my Tacoma. When we bought them, we got the previous year's model and they were priced where it wasn't much more for 2 vs. purchasing 1 of the current model.

They also have angling models.

Last edited:

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG

Imo sup are somewhat of a novelty, something to play with for a bit. Ive used a sup and it was fun but If I had to pick only one, I'd choose kayak/canoe.

Kayaks, canoes are more for adventures . You can travel greater distances and explore, fish, shoots photos much more efficiently.

If you have less then an hour to play, SUP.

If you have the afternoon or want to plan a wknd getaway on water kayak/canoe.

Just my opinion.

Cheers
This.

one piece crank

Imo sup are somewhat of a novelty, something to play with for a bit. Ive used a sup and it was fun but If I had to pick only one, I'd choose kayak/canoe...
Yes, 100%.

I have them all. Inflatable SUP I like better than rigid, Kayak are fun (especially solo), but I have canoe in my blood - any time, it's just my preferred way to paddle.

rick81721

Lothar
Starting some serious research on a fishing boat for FL. Grady White Coastal explorer 251 seems to tick all the boxes - can fish in the shallows of bays and harbors, and can zip 20 miles out into the gulf. Or just cruise around as a pleasure boat if the fish aren't biting. Shooting for 2024

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcm9kd2ViYXNzZXRzIiwia2V5IjoiYm9hdHMvNDUzMTI2OS80NTMxMjY5XzIwMTYwNjE1MTMzNzE1N...jpeg

JerseyPete

Starting some serious research on a fishing boat for FL. Grady White Coastal explorer 251 seems to tick all the boxes - can fish in the shallows of bays and harbors, and can zip 20 miles out into the gulf. Or just cruise around as a pleasure boat if the fish aren't biting. Shooting for 2024

View attachment 184571
I'm sure you will get people steering you to Boston Whaler and Pursuit. Good luck with the research.
Are you also going for more boating courses as well?

rick81721

Lothar
I'm sure you will get people steering you to Boston Whaler and Pursuit. Good luck with the research.
Are you also going for more boating courses as well?

Yes there are lots of options. But the ex-coworker who has been down here for almost 15 years (and does alot of fishing from his boat) says shallow draft is the way to go in this area. The GW 14" is hard to beat.

Would also probably take another course. Been awhile since our last boat got wrecked.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
DIYed a fishing seat. Cut the legs off a chair, cut some PVC and viola!
33E9E344-8094-49D7-AACF-DE22C101AF61.jpeg
4F63E731-F305-4922-A566-B81690164F7A.jpeg
1968D971-DCB9-4723-981D-17374EDC1BB1.jpeg

I’m now up 6” and can fit a tackle box under the seat.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes there are lots of options. But the ex-coworker who has been down here for almost 15 years (and does alot of fishing from his boat) says shallow draft is the way to go in this area. The GW 14" is hard to beat.

Would also probably take another course. Been awhile since our last boat got wrecked.

14" is kinda small dont ya think? You gonna get two so both feet can be dry?🤣🤣

JDurk

View attachment 184571
Good luck with the search and not going with the official boat of FL: 40' CC, 50 rod holders and 4 monster outboards across the transom.

Top Bottom