Boating, Sailing, & Floating Devices

THATmanMANNY

@one piece crank we usually go to Tices/beach island state park but yesterday my uncle laws were visiting and it was pretty calm in the AM so we ran to Harvey Cedars based on my buddies recemmendation. Got busted for beach badges BOO but it was worth it. The low tide there is nice for the kids. BISP has that deep drop instantly.?

one piece crank

We may catch that show from the boat - it's time to reset our GPS breadcrumbs and we haven't been all the way in Tom's River for a while!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you know how to sail but don't have a boat this is a good deal, this club has a loaner program. I just joined, sailing Catamarans is a blast.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I've been in Barnegat Light all week. LBI is not the typical jersey shore, especially the north end of the island.

I went sailing out of the Harvey Cedars marina a few times. The Hobie Wave catamaran is a blast. Great sailer for LBI. Today was perfect.
View attachment 164607
Yep I have a Wave and love it! Simple to rig and go. I bought mine from a guy in VT who used to race it so it came with a couple of go goodies like a traveler, spreader bar and a jib. Sail it on a PA lake but would be fun to do so in open water. Did that once in Jamaica when I was new to Cats and flipped it 😁
96D7CE01-6D1F-4236-A2EB-3130293EBEAB.jpeg

one piece crank

Pulled the boat yesterday. Beautiful weather. Makes you really enjoy cold weather boating - clear skies, cold wind in your face, down jacket...

rick81721

Lothar
First time ever on a stand-up paddleboard. Lemon Bay - very little wind. Really fun, saw lots of sheepshead and redfish around the boat dock piers. Some fish were flying out of the water. Never fell in - mtb balance really helps. Gotta get one or else a kayak just for the fishing - holy crap they were everywhere.

9618.jpeg

JerseyPete

First time ever on a stand-up paddleboard. Lemon Bay - very little wind. Really fun, saw lots of sheepshead and redfish around the boat dock piers. Some fish were flying out of the water. Never fell in - mtb balance really helps. Gotta get one or else a kayak just for the fishing - holy crap they were everywhere.

View attachment 182839
Would you go with inflatable or fully rigid SUP?

JerseyPete

The one I tried was rigid but just had dinner with an ex-work colleague who's been down here for 15 years and he has inflatable and loves them. Going to try his next month.
I have a small Jon boat that I row around in, and when I see SUP users I ask about inflatable vs rigid and those that are on the inflatable say they have had both and the inflatable is the way to go. No shortcomings and easy to deflate and transport and store. I will have to try a SUP this summer and see if it is for me. I know there are fishing SUP's too.

rick81721

Lothar
I have a small Jon boat that I row around in, and when I see SUP users I ask about inflatable vs rigid and those that are on the inflatable say they have had both and the inflatable is the way to go. No shortcomings and easy to deflate and transport and store. I will have to try a SUP this summer and see if it is for me. I know there are fishing SUP's too.

Time for research. This looks awesome. There are fishing and foot pedal configurations

124iRK22VC-photo-02-min_x800.png

one piece crank

We have two rigid and two inflatable. The inflatable are much better - lighter, more efficient, carry more weight, have clip-on seats, easily carry 2-people, not to forget better portability.

JerseyPete

We have two rigid and two inflatable. The inflatable are much better - lighter, more efficient, carry more weight, have clip-on seats, easily carry 2-people, not to forget better portability.
If you don't mind, what brand did you get and would you get the same again?
Thanks.

one piece crank

If you don't mind, what brand did you get and would you get the same again?
Thanks.
Yes, 100%. The inflatables are by Thurso Surf. They do run specials through out the year, and we got a decent Fall discount plus one was blemished (although we can’t see it).

I have not used them extensively, but my family has - My sons regularly do a 3-mile loop out to the Bay and back. I plan to bring them to shallows and protected areas of Barnegat Bay and search for aquatic wildlife.

Last edited:
Top Bottom