Boating, Sailing, & Floating Devices

As much as a new one haha this would be a good incentive to get grandma her tritoon.
-no tracking

(My Google research ATM doesn’t have any restrictions)

vacationing on LBI this week
I want to bring the boat but don't want to pay a weekly slip.

Is it illegal to anchor it in a protected bay area for as long as I want? I'm just going to swim or paddle out to it.

Thinking about anchoring it east of Mordecai island.
Not sure about dropping the hook and leaving the boat there. As you've probably seen, most of the recommended anchorages are for live-a-board/through-sailing (so reaction to weather and boat traffic is immediate). We anchor off IBSP all the time, mostly for the day but on occasion I'll overnight in a bug net.

vacationing on LBI this week
I want to bring the boat but don't want to pay a weekly slip.

Is it illegal to anchor it in a protected bay area for as long as I want? I'm just going to swim or paddle out to it.

Thinking about anchoring it east of Mordecai island.

223281e1eec3c0a3a4cc56ce50b9d34a.gif

thank you
trailer in/out is $20 per visit so I can do that too as we want to use it. Just hassle.
weekly slip is $400. Not paying $400 for my asshole brother in law to get on
Have him pay $400 💪

Then jump in and go, no launching and speedy docking if weather changes.

Or pay $400 and don't tell him - no trailer = no boat ?!

Last edited:
I've been in Barnegat Light all week. LBI is not the typical jersey shore, especially the north end of the island.

I went sailing out of the Harvey Cedars marina a few times. The Hobie Wave catamaran is a blast. Great sailer for LBI. Today was perfect.
IMG_20210806_133531.jpg

I’ve done zero sailing :( I’ll have to take the recommendation of you and join a club that will make me get out and learn.

Funny thing, I ended up selling the sunfish and it’s supposed to be used as a table in some Martha Stewart reality show haha “table wars” I think it’s called. Flipped our kayaks within hours too. Still hot items! Kayaks don’t do it for me. A SUP is more versatile. Plan to upgrade my SUP.

am I supposed to get a boat reg renewal in the mail like my cars? I only got one for my trailer.

some pretty fabulous days recently. Today, Beach bound. Ride back was choppier.
701DE474-AFC1-437C-8095-623730D19B06.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve done zero sailing :( I’ll have to take the recommendation of you and join a club that will make me get out and learn.

Funny thing, I ended up selling the sunfish and it’s supposed to be used as a table in some Martha Stewart reality show haha “table wars” I think it’s called. Flipped our kayaks within hours too. Still hot items! Kayaks don’t do it for me. A SUP is more versatile. Plan to upgrade my SUP.

am I supposed to get a boat reg renewal in the mail like my cars? I only got one for my trailer.

some pretty fabulous days recently. Today, Beach bound. Ride back was choppier.
View attachment 165737
Yes, boat registration renewal will come by mail, and renewable online.

What "beach" do you boat to?

Back
Top Bottom