BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

Did you ride the whale? Or the 18' vert rock?
The of approach of the whale looked icy, and I had no idea what condition the roll out was in, so I decided to skip it. I hit that area early and didn’t realize how well the snow was riding at that point.
Which vert rock? I did every roller I came across. There’s a huge drop there I won’t do, and a really steep roller near the mall that I won’t do unless someone else is there to see it.

Last edited:
1/30
2:20
https://strava.app.link/okhTFFPPtdb
1612049347732.png

Sourlands! I saw Pat rode here yesterday and there was no snow, so I texted him and said let's ride. I got there early to try the brutal climb up from the parking area. Had a few dabs, but I think I can clean it with some practice. Then met Karin and Pat in the lot, and Pat gave us the tour. So much fun stuff to play around on here. Dave eventually met up with us, and then Pat killed his derailleur hanger and totally ruined the ride. 0 out of 5 stars, guess I'll have to try again tomorrow. Last chance for dirt and dry rocks for a very long time.

1/30
A disappointing 0.5-pts on Zwift

I planned out a bonus tour ride last night for a morning ride. Slept horribly and wasn't motivated this morning. Decided to wait and go in the afternoon. Ended up helping out on school project and lost my window. So into the basement for a Zwift ride. Flatted on the trainer with about 1/2mile remaining on the tour de Zwift. After flatting all the time when I first went to the trainer, it’s been a few months since my last trainer flat. Need to watch for post COVID direct drive trainer sales.

329ADA36-F45A-4C57-9304-37C2FD54AB1D.jpeg

Skiing tomorrow so I’ll miss the bonus window. Nice job everyone!

The of approach of the whale looked icy, and I had no idea what condition the roll out was in, so I decided to skip it. I hit that area early and didn’t realize how well the snow was riding at that point.
Which vert rock? I did every roller I came across. There’s a huge drop there I won’t do, and a really steep roller near the mall that I won’t do unless someone else is there to see it.

The drop is about 18 feet high and we watched JoJo and Mickey do it, but didn't try it. Those guys are crazy. Scary.

1/30
2:20
https://strava.app.link/okhTFFPPtdbView attachment 150396

Sourlands! I saw Pat rode here yesterday and there was no snow, so I texted him and said let's ride. I got there early to try the brutal climb up from the parking area. Had a few dabs, but I think I can clean it with some practice. Then met Karin and Pat in the lot, and Pat gave us the tour. So much fun stuff to play around on here. Dave eventually met up with us, and then Pat killed his derailleur hanger and totally ruined the ride. 0 out of 5 stars, guess I'll have to try again tomorrow. Last chance for dirt and dry rocks for a very long time.
I lol’ed when I read he sheered off a BOA. Like how this happen.

Last edited:
Can’t post my 3 hour ride as Strava fail yet again. Lost about 8 hours this month and yes am finally convinced it’s time to get a Garmin. Only posting in case anyone is thinking of riding Ringwood tomorrow. Conditions today on the race course,Skylands
7E8296D9-7549-4752-906A-B4F207E4A092.jpeg
, lower half of the white trail, warm puppy and schoolhouse were excellent(for snow and ice). Grippy packed snow in many sections. Great pics from everyone of the historic buildings. This was an interesting bonus this week👍🏻

Last edited:
1/30
1:56 + sunny! + warm! + old stuff
3 points

So I woke up early enough to snag the dark bonus but when I checked all my weather apps the temperature was 16º. Seriously!? So I am aware that the temp ususally drops until just after sunrise and I was content drinking my coffee on the couch surfing mtbNJ so I was in no rush. Low and behold, I checked my phone and it was 15º. Nice! It’s go time. I got all suited up and headed out to the garage and opened my trusty weather app so I could document my cold weather bonus. WTF!? The temp was back to 16º already. So I enjoyed riding in sunlight, and warmth, and dryness. lol.
20210130_141514761_iOS.jpg

20210131_020240094_iOS.jpg

The Edison Valley Playhouse has already been featured in this competition so I won’t just cut and paste the same information again. While the building was built in 1895, it was expanded in 1938 and again in 1945. While I did not find the 1895 cornerstone, I did see the 1938 and 1945 stones on the corners of the additions.

20210130_130400324_iOS.jpg

20210130_130507182_iOS.jpg

Looks like winter has arrived

Tuesday 1/25

3.5 + Dark = 4.5

Thursday 1/28

3.5 + Dark = 4.5

Saturday 1/30

2pts

Wearing gloves and glove liner discourages me for taking any pics. So I’ll add a pic of my cat attempting to use The Force to make me feed him early...

B45CA37A-CB8E-45D5-B8FD-14ED36631376.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom