Biggest loser

rick81721

Lothar
My phone is not happy with my activity level over the last 4 weeks. Reduction in activy calorie burn. Yes. I know.
My plan to do some running while in Florida has been squashed by the red tide. When the wind blows off the gulf, it carries an irritant that results in a coughing fit. Dead fish on the beach is a nice touch, and it is worse the closer that you get.

Well excuses, so I'll need to find something to get the heart rate up without choking myself out.

The place has some beach cruisers. No helmet tho.

If you are sticking it out, wear a mask. It will block the aerosols carrying the algae.

PS isn't it amazing how many clowns will sit or walk on the beach for hours coughing?

Last edited:

JDurk

This is 50lbs and 23.5in gone.

Jan 2, 2022 to March 6, 2022
20220102_094638.jpg20220102_094645.jpg20220102_094650.jpg20220301_093711.jpg
20220306_072238.jpg20220306_072246.jpg20220306_072250.jpg20220306_071135.jpg

JDurk

Wow, that's a great transformation. Good job staying committed!
Thanks man. It's been a journey in fitness and discipline. Not the lowest number on the scale from last year either. I hit a low of 171.6 in August after the 31/31 July Challenge and before I started adding in more weight lifting workouts to firm things up. As the weather warms up and I start riding more during race season, looking to get back in the 170s again.

Let me refresh your memory. Not going back to this ever again. https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/biggest-loser.53319/post-1118693

Robin

Weekly check in - last weekend had 2 days of bigger meals - originally planned dinner out then a friend's birthday dinner. Indulged knowing that Monday was a reset and start of another E2M round (Round 3 for me).

Back down to 116.8 even after last night's corned beef dinner (some salty stuff). This week I managed to run a 10k on the treadmill, 2 days of CrossFit with a back squat PR, and a ride with HUBBY (IYKYK).

Happy Daylight Savings!

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Weekly check in - last weekend had 2 days of bigger meals - originally planned dinner out then a friend's birthday dinner. Indulged knowing that Monday was a reset and start of another E2M round (Round 3 for me).

Back down to 116.8 even after last night's corned beef dinner (some salty stuff). This week I managed to run a 10k on the treadmill, 2 days of CrossFit with a back squat PR, and a ride with HUBBY (IYKYK).

Happy Daylight Savings!
Nice!

I'm up an lb to 211. Weight training has increased quite a bit but unfortunately my riding has taken a hit. Calorie intake has not changed, hence the weight gain. I emptied my beer fridge and do not plan on restocking it until after Easter. Hoping the weather improves so I can get back out in the woods too. I did ride the Peloton this morning for 45 minutes. It's not the same.

Cassinonorth

Goal Weight End of March: 183 lbs

Current Weight: 185.6 lbs (-14.4 lbs YTD)

Screenshot_20230311-080514.png

Pretty great weigh ins this week, very happy. Diet was good rebounding from the parties last week. That end of March weight is going to be my XC season starting weight...I'd be happier towing around 10 less lbs but I've raced around 183 before and it's not bad at all. Still confident I can get to <175 lbs by May.

Screenshot_20230311-080456.png

Training has been going well. The late addition for Rattling Creek Marathon is definitely going to be a challenge especially with a Vermont weekend trip coming up in 2 weeks. My goal is to just finish so keeping that in the back of my head.

1678540310921.png

Last edited:

JDurk

E2M program R8W1D1

Diet
Was in Lake Placid since Thursday. We broke our fast early and packed a meal for the drive up. Had an early dinner when we arrived. Breakfast was included for the group we were with. Wasn't the best choices, but figured since I was going to be moving all day snowboarding, I could take in a few more carbs. Lunches on the mountain weren't totally on plan, but had the basics. Dinners were easier to stay close to plan, but beer and bourbon. And there was free coffee, hot chocolate and cookies every afternoon at the hotel. Some extra cookies may have been 5 fingered to take back to the room for late night snacks. After today, will be back on plan. Have an Irish Catholic funeral to attend.

Exercise
Did circuits, extra credit, and cardio M/T/W. Since Thursday was a packing and travel day, didn't do anything. Snowboarded Fri and Sat. Sunday was packing and travel home day. Up this morning to go for a run, then the plan circuit. Will follow that with some stretching and a Theragun session. The rest of the week will been getting back into the groove. Looked at the race schedule yesterday. Man things are coming up quick.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
3/6/23 current weight =185.4
Diff: weekly up 4, total lost = 50
So, the weekend in Lake Placid eating wasn't the best and not surprised with the number on the scale. The weekly up number is a bit false as that was last Monday after a not so great weekend. Morning of the trip start I was 178.4, so it was 7lbs gained since last Thursday. Got the tools to get it back on track this week. Should be back around 180 in a few days.

Today is the first day of the new E2M round and sign ups are open until Wednesday, 3/8/23. Following @Over the Bars lead and sharing some pics of my results.

Deleted pics from post added in new post
E2M program R8W1D7

Diet
Was good with the food choices this week, until yesterday. Had a few afternoon beers at the local. My wife took a day trip to Cape May and returned with 2 large cookies from the Cape May Peanut Butter Co that we shared. Ate final meal and the cookies too late.

Exercise
Got back into the exercise groove this week. Took yesterday off to get a few things done around the house and bike maintenance. Up early to ride outside today. Will be changing the running up this week to concentrate on some hill repeats. Next Sat, running the Adrenaline 5k in Haddonfield. Also adding extra credit weight workouts back in this week to keep and increase muscle.

Weight
3/12/23 current weight =181.8
Diff: weekly down 3.6, total lost = 53.6
Getting back into the groove with exercise and food choices, weight trended back down. Was actually a pound lighter yesterday and not shocked that it went up after the beer and cookies. I do find I'm snacking a bit more as the week progresses. Cashews are my kryptonite.

Wife has not be as active and hasn't weighed herself much. She's been good with food, however, when she weighed yesterday, was up 2lbs.

Last edited:

Robin

Weekly check in - maintaining at 116.4. This week did mostly CrossFit/lifting with only one day of running. Heading to Pittsburgh for a girls weekend of BMX. Will follow my IF and bring some food for meals but will also enjoy a meal out with my dad (on the drive out) and ladies Saturday night. Hoping the upcoming week will be good for riding as Hubby's bike should be arriving!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Cassinonorth

Current Weight: 184.4 lbs (-15.6 lbs YTD)

Screenshot_20230318-075229.png

My lowest weight since September 30th 2020. Crazy stuff. Calorie wise was pretty consistent, if not a little up this week.

Screenshot_20230318-075247.png

2 weeks out from Rattling Creek Marathon and I broke down and bought an indoor trainer again. This is my 3rd (4th?) different one, it's the model that was used to replace the Zwift Hub so I got it stupid cheap. I've used it consistently when I'm training for races and then whenever the weather turns for the better I usually let it collect dust. Idea this year is to get at least 2 indoor sessions per week on it. Super nice I can throw my MTB on there to keep the feel the same too.

PXL_20230317_134409325.jpg

Happy losing, losers!

iman29

Current Weight: 184.4 lbs (-15.6 lbs YTD)

View attachment 209632

My lowest weight since September 30th 2020. Crazy stuff. Calorie wise was pretty consistent, if not a little up this week.

View attachment 209633

2 weeks out from Rattling Creek Marathon and I broke down and bought an indoor trainer again. This is my 3rd (4th?) different one, it's the model that was used to replace the Zwift Hub so I got it stupid cheap. I've used it consistently when I'm training for races and then whenever the weather turns for the better I usually let it collect dust. Idea this year is to get at least 2 indoor sessions per week on it. Super nice I can throw my MTB on there to keep the feel the same too.

View attachment 209634

Happy losing, losers!
What model trainer is that ?

Cassinonorth

That’s what I thought. Seems the zwift version has some tweaks or updates to it but I wonder if that’s even noticeable.

Only the shape of the case to account for some flat mount bikes (I have none), otherwise exact same unit with new stickers.

Last edited:

JDurk

E2M program R8W1D7

Diet
Was good with the food choices this week, until yesterday. Had a few afternoon beers at the local. My wife took a day trip to Cape May and returned with 2 large cookies from the Cape May Peanut Butter Co that we shared. Ate final meal and the cookies too late.

Exercise
Got back into the exercise groove this week. Took yesterday off to get a few things done around the house and bike maintenance. Up early to ride outside today. Will be changing the running up this week to concentrate on some hill repeats. Next Sat, running the Adrenaline 5k in Haddonfield. Also adding extra credit weight workouts back in this week to keep and increase muscle.

Weight
3/12/23 current weight =181.8
Diff: weekly down 3.6, total lost = 53.6
Getting back into the groove with exercise and food choices, weight trended back down. Was actually a pound lighter yesterday and not shocked that it went up after the beer and cookies. I do find I'm snacking a bit more as the week progresses. Cashews are my kryptonite.

Wife has not be as active and hasn't weighed herself much. She's been good with food, however, when she weighed yesterday, was up 2lbs.
E2M program R8W3D1

Diet
Knew it was going to be a not so good week. Early in the week, did fine. Thurs evening, went out with my wife and parents for the Shamrock Menu at a local restaurant. I had a house salad, a huge portion of Shepherd's Pie, only ate 3/4 of it to save room for the piece of chocolate cake that followed. Did good Fri, but Saturday ended up at the local tavern for beers, French Dip sandwich with fries and a piece of cake. Sunday afternoon at Tonewood with the dudes, then we went to the local tavern and I had my share of wings with some more beer. Feeling it all this morning when putting on clothes. Too much snacking on cashews and trailmix this week didn't help either. Garmin watch recorded the proof as well. RHR (higher), stress level (higher), body battery (lower) and sleep (not enough) all took a hit from the weekend.

Exercise
Consistent with circuits and extra credit weights M/W/F. Time Crunched Cyclist plan T/Th. Some lunch break walks. Participated in the Adrenaline 5k on Saturday morning and ran a PR. Was looking to be sub 30min and succeeded. Going to continue keeping running in the mix, but mtb racing season will begin in 2wks with the Rattling MTB on 4/1.
1679314830610.png

Weight
3/20/23 current weight =190.4
Diff: weekly up 8.6, total lost = 45
Knew it was going to be a good number. Back to focusing on the discipline and being consistent with food and exercise. Maintaining definitely requires more effort than losing.

Wife has mentioned she's feeling fluffy and got back on track last week with more exercise. Didn't tell me what the scale showed, only that she was up. She also ran the 5k and was satisfied with her time since she hasn't been running and now has a baseline. Yesterday, she registered both us for another 5k in April in West Cape May.

Top Bottom