Best band ever?

to be ON topic, best bands:
beatles
elvis
hendrix

everyone, else is a ripoff of them. close, it lock, it, it's done.

over rated is another thread. to walt's post, they jumped the shark completely after "and justice for all". enter sandman? what?!?

i actually posted DMB but i like them. i think most of the 90's grunge bands are as well...even though i love all of them. producing one hit and the same sound puts you squarely in the over-rated section.

hendrix - I am on a huge Hendrix kick lately. its all Ive been listening to for a week now. Axis Bold as Love is a SUPERB album.

I've even got Jimi playing on my Ipod when I ride solo - Jimi is pretty much the best soundtrack possible for MTB.

Who do you think are the most OVER RATED bands of all-time???

from poor iggy's list, don't know too much about Pearl Jam, The Eagles or Doors, but U2 and definitely Kiss should be on the list, another one might be...The Who (in general) and Townsend (in particular).

ALL TIME-:getsome:SlipKnoT:getsome:

Old skool Metal- Metallica and Black Sabbath
Classic rock- Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd
90s- Nirvana and Live and Sublime and MarcyPlayground and Weezer
80s- Sorry 80s SUCK!!:p
New Metal- SLIPKNOT!!!!! and KoRn
Screamo- Waking the Cadaver and Job for a cowboy
Ska- Streetlight Manifesto and Less than Jake
Southern Rock- The AllmanBrothers Band
Emo- Hawthorne Heights

The Bay City Rollers are the best band EVER

The second best band ever is hard to name - so many bands influential to my life. One of the following, more than likely:

-The Replacements
-The Bouncing Souls (this is by far the band that makes me most nostalgic for my high school and early college days of skating and going to house parties in the Brumfuss and for the times when you could leave the roxy, puke on yer way across the street and still get into the Melody and then refill your now purged belly at Running Bear's Steakout).
-The Rolling Stones
-Less than Jake
-Too Much Joy

yeah.

With NIN no less!

I think my Freedom Karma is used exclusively on bike rides these days.

Ill be there for that one.

Janes is also in my top 5 bands.

[where would you rank Sabbath...?

my "rock royalty" (which is based on such factors as importance/ influence/ longevity/ continued relevancy) is as follows..

Elvis
Beatles
Stones
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin

Sabbath is certainly a very important band (pretty much considered godfathers of heavy metal)...but not as important as the bands listed above.

[at first I had U2 on that list...but after seeing it in print it just didnt look right to have U2 listed with those other groups][/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with that list...

"best band" does not equal "my favorite band"... I mean... I still pay passive attention to modern metal and any band posted that makes me go, "WTF are they?" are not and never will be a "best band."... At least not during our lifetimes.

another over-rated band (and I know some may disagree) is the RAMONES. I just dont get the acclaim they receive. they made some fun punk/party songs that sound great when your 22 and drunk at 3am. am I missing some great relevance to this band? just seems that since most of the band is recently-dead everyone is heaping all of this praise on a relatively unimportant band. maybe its just me.

I think like some others that it's too broad a spectrum to say best band without mentioning genre in certain cases...also can they play live

Grateful Dead
Rolling Stones
Metalica
Alice in Chains

another over-rated band (and I know some may disagree) is the RAMONES. I just dont get the acclaim they receive. they made some fun punk/party songs that sound great when your 22 and drunk at 3am. am I missing some great relevance to this band? just seems that since most of the band is recently-dead everyone is heaping all of this praise on a relatively unimportant band. maybe its just me.

the ramones were important to the 70s punk movement but hardly the "best ever". i like the ramones too, they have some catchy tunes...even saw them live in the early 90s. BUT all of their stuff sounds pretty much the same.

I think like some others that it's too broad a spectrum to say best band without mentioning genre in certain cases...also can they play live

Grateful Dead
Rolling Stones
Metalica
Alice in Chains

the grateful dead cannot play live you hippie. :)

Back
Top Bottom