Belleplain SF Conditions

tankhead

Ok. Thanks. On Saturday I was reading the other thread about the conditions of the trails and you posted "Jim c gets all the credit for the trail being in the shape its in right now, hes been through with the mower and kept the trees in checkand when the ground freezes up it is awesome...couple of wet spots (mostly in firecuts) but for most part stays pretty dry...."" so I thought the trails must be dry and OK to ride when there are a couple of "wet spots" like you mentioned. But now I know to stay clear of that trail. It's all good. Thanks again.
My wife and I walked some of 123 to see if that huge tree that came down this summer needed some attending to and we did some removal of some minor dead fall on Saturday. Seemed relatively dry. Been many years that I have wanted to ride the East creek trail, like since the late 90's, just never thought it was appealing. And of course the one day I decided to check it out.... Quite a few hikers on the East creek trail. Not a fan of riding through puddles and I know the IMBA rules and such, been riding/racing since the late 80's but I was already half way into the ride on the east side but by the time I got 347, I took Narrows road (dirt) and headed back staying off of the west side of the trail to get out of it.

Last edited:

teabagger11

Unless it doesn't rain for 6 months a few parts of east creek are always under water and im ok with that there's ways around it
That being said I'm riding there this Saturday around 11am if anyone wants to join
Start from lot on 347

Nolabean

Trails in decent condition, 123 dry, normal leaf cover. Saw some mud holes but did not appear to be on the actual trails at all. Some areas not passable with big limbs down. Found other ways to go (sorry I don’t know exact spots).

m-con

Anyone know of today's conditions since there was a lot of rain yesterday? I'm in the area and was hoping to ride BSP later today. Thank you in advance.

pibbles

Anyone know of today's conditions since there was a lot of rain yesterday? I'm in the area and was hoping to ride BSP later today. Thank you in advance.
Probably too late but its pretty much a swamp right now. Might improve if it freezes but did some riding last week and was sorry that I went but got some trees cleared.

kjarrett

Hey Pibbles, how long does it take for Belleplain to dry out over the winter, if it ever does?

And isn't there a specific section - I think it's called "the singletrack" that is really narrow and standing water isn't a problem? I seem to recall riding that bit.

I'd love to visit there again but it's almost an hour away and I'm not slogging through any bogs like I did during the peak of summer, lol

Thanks!

pibbles

Hey Pibbles, how long does it take for Belleplain to dry out over the winter, if it ever does?

And isn't there a specific section - I think it's called "the singletrack" that is really narrow and standing water isn't a problem? I seem to recall riding that bit.

I'd love to visit there again but it's almost an hour away and I'm not slogging through any bogs like I did during the peak of summer, lol

Thanks!
should get some drying out this week but I usually wait till its pretty cold out. might be some thawing later in the week but early in the mornin is best b4 it thaws out in afternoon. trails are numbered 1-3 with 1 being mostly firecut and holds the most water. should be good after this weeks drying out and colder temps....

Rocks & Water

Rode today and can report that Belleplain is fast and frozen again although quite a few "shortcuts" are cropping up. Learn how to ride your bike, it'll fit between the trees!
I see this almost every where and it's not at places that are hard to ride. What do these a- holes do when they ride somewhere you can't go around. Their the ones walking around it holding everyone up. Seems they don't want to better their game.

teabagger11

Heard there is some snow in SJ any reports on bell plain? Hoping to be down next week this weather is really messing up my south jersey mojo

JDurk

Heard there is some snow in SJ any reports on bell plain? Hoping to be down next week this weather is really messing up my south jersey mojo
Drove down through Millville and lower Cumberland Co. to Fortescue this morning and there is definitely snow on the ground. Plan was to drive to East Point Lighthouse, however it was right at freezing and still raining, so headed home. Everything is probably getting a nice coating of ice. There's ice and rain in the forecast the next few days as well.

teabagger11

No Saturday I rode from my place in Del haven after the rain stopped got up Sunday at 630 it wasn't raining so took pup for a walk and it started raining so I bagged my ride the ground is so saturated in SJ I figured it would be a wash

tankhead

Went there Sunday at about 1:00 pm. Rode about two miles and turn around. Very wet on the singletrack past the bridge going west.

Never saw that trail so wet. Looked like many people have been riding through it and around it.

kjarrett

Went there Sunday at about 1:00 pm. Rode about two miles and turn around. Very wet on the singletrack past the bridge going west.

Never saw that trail so wet. Looked like many people have been riding through it and around it.
Thanks for the report. I'd like to ride there sometime soon but am wondering where on this map you found those conditions. Help?

Screenshot 2021-03-23 103806.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions