Base-In-Your Face Online Race 2012-2013

Chainsaw - that's 6. Mike - that is awesome you can do the trophies again - at least part. If you can pop out the metal part I will build the rest.

Psyched to see some interest!

Is riding at night in the hood a violation of Bad Cop's First Rule of Safety & Responsibility? If so, this will make Absurd Hours Bonus Points difficult for me to accumulate.

who's winner last year and what point/time to beat?? i didn't follow this last year..

I won last year Liong, you should play as you're one of the few guys that puts in big miles. It would make it more fun for me. Last year I think I doubled second places mileage.

-Jim.

I won last year Liong, you should play as you're one of the few guys that puts in big miles. It would make it more fun for me. Last year I think I doubled second places mileage.

-Jim.

I say it is between you and Dustin this year since it is all mileage/hours based. I place my money on you.

I'll be good on mileage, but my hours will be lower. As an example, under the new rules my commute is only worth 1 point. So I'd be at 5 points for the week and then whatever my 2 big rides are. If someone can do 2 hours every day, they'd easily get more points than me. AKA, Dusty.

-Jim.

I will do pro class though 99.9% of all my ride time will be commuting. My problem will be posting results daily. As of now I prolly load my shit like once a month. My other problem is I lose time and distance daily because I am not waiting for the garmin to find satellites, in the city it can sometimes take 20 mins. I have actually gotten to the GW before sync.

I will do pro class though 99.9% of all my ride time will be commuting. My problem will be posting results daily. As of now I prolly load my shit like once a month. My other problem is I lose time and distance daily because I am not waiting for the garmin to find satellites, in the city it can sometimes take 20 mins. I have actually gotten to the GW before sync.

don't worry about it being daily - last year some people posted a few days worth of rides at one time. and if the sat link drops no worries.

The “MikeSU Rule” – points are won for each hour of riding. 1 hour of ride time = 1 point, 2 hours gets you 2 additional points (for a total of three), etc.

So wait. A 3 hour ride would bet me 6pts for time only? Or is it 2pts for each hour over 1.

Chainsaw - that's 6. Mike - that is awesome you can do the trophies again - at least part. If you can pop out the metal part I will build the rest.

Psyched to see some interest!

This is confusing me as well. If "1hr of ride time = 1 point", how do you get to 6 points?

This is confusing me as well. If "1hr of ride time = 1 point", how do you get to 6 points?

so:
1 hr = 1 pt
2 hr = 2 pts
3 hr = 3 pts
ttl = 6 pts

and 4 hr = 4 pts, total is 10... etc. it compounds. pros will get awarded more and more the longer they ride per ride... plus they get other points for the miles they put in.

and george - night riding is cool - just cover yourself in christmas lights and reflective gear and be safe!

1st hour = 1 point
2nd hour = 2 points
3rd hour = 3 points
24th hour = 24 points if you ride nonstop midnight to midnight for a total of 300 points :)

You need a web page interface where you can drop the link in and it tells you what your score is. I'll work for bread & water. Or tickets to see the Hobbit.

Temperatures have no bearing on anything, right? 3 degrees is the same as an unseasonably warm 60 degree January day?

You need a web page interface where you can drop the link in and it tells you what your score is. I'll work for bread & water. Or tickets to see the Hobbit.

Temperatures have no bearing on anything, right? 3 degrees is the same as an unseasonably warm 60 degree January day?

was thinking about that - or a form that calcs the points...

also, weekly random teams...just to make one responsible for the success of someone else...

holy crap. web interface is a whole new level.

temps have no standard bearing. i left the door open for a few random bonus points if its brutal out. looking back to last year and figuring out the crazy work schedules some people have on the site, i didn't want to penalize anyone if they work the night shift and can't get out when it's cold if it warms up that same day.

also, weekly random teams...just to make one responsible for the success of someone else...

ooooooh,
Like taking the scores of one pro and one sport and awarding each the average for the week. That would certianly mix things up a bit and make it anybody's game.

Good to see cyclopath back!

I would sign up, but I am device challenged, and do not plan to buy anymore devices that have numbers too small for me to see. I have decided that at my age, not reading devices is okay. However, I will be seeing you out there riding for sure! :)

Back
Top Bottom