Barack Obama 2008?

I am not a Hillary fan. However, I can't help but wonder how effective she would be as the Chief with all of the years of Clinton experience behind her.

I am not a Hillary fan. However, I can't help but wonder how effective she would be as the Chief with all of the years of Clinton experience behind her.

Seriously, it's like she already has 8 years presidential exp.

Hey, with Edwards, you could possibly see Al Gore work his way back into public service.

Naw -- Gore won't want to give up his lucrative business of selling carbon credits and flying his personal carbon dioxide producing jet everywhere for $50,000 paid speeches.

And for what it's worth, she didn't roll into the White House after living in a cave. She has a law degree from Yale on her resumee.

Whether any of the above will lead to her doing a job that makes people happy is another story, of course.

Last edited:
Honestly though, who doesn't want to see the TV special where Bill Clinton decorates the White House for xmas?

Hillary Clinton is butt ugly. Has anyone considered that? Huh? Huh? Where are your priorities people?! I saw a sign at a chicken joint that read, "The Hillary Special: 2 Large Thighs, 2 Small Breasts, and a Left Wing."

I think you should take your own advice about not talking politics.

And for what it's worth, she didn't roll into the White House after living in a cave. She has a law degree from Yale on her resumee.

that may be, but if you are married to a surgeon for 8 years does that qualify you to perform surgery? even if you have a "degree in medicine"? I think not.

She is only a senator, as are many of the other candidates, I think some experience governing a state successfully would give them relevant experience.

I think you should take your own advice about not talking politics.

LMAO (not sarcasitcally either) I've still not said who I'm for or against. I'll keep that to myself like the curtain on a voting booth. I'll make light jokes about either side if it so tickles me while you guys actually talk politics. I find it quite entertaining, especially in the middle of winter cause I'm bored. BTW imo if you locked down this thread without anyone fighting at all you'd be a forum Nazi and against the first amendment. So if I were you, I would not take your own advice Norm. Shaggzz is right. There's nothing wrong with an open discussion about potential presidents. The question is, does the discussion really belong in a mountain biking forum. :D

this is the "Off Topic" forum, so i guess it has as much place here, as your hikes do in the "other sports" forum :p. pretty much anything goes here, well almost...

True enough and Tuche. I just wish I could remember the Rudy joke a customer was telling today cause we were all in stitches.

BTW imo if you locked down this thread without anyone fighting at all you'd be a forum Nazi and against the first amendment.

The First Amendment can kiss my hairy yellow ass.

Having moderated various message boards for something on 10 years now, I can usually tell when a conversation is starting to get into the "match and kindling" realm. And IME, we're heading there. That's where I step in and try to redirect before it gets to that point.

"The First Amendment can kiss my hairy yellow ass."

My wife and I are laughing out loud over here. Not the way I thought you'd intelligently retort, but it works! Honestly Norm...we both know that we agree on this one big time!....Still laughing man.

Interesting commentary:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/linkset/2005/04/11/LI2005041100587.html?hpid=topnews

This quote sums up why pundits are as useful as a bag of horse shit to me:

"The pirouettes are amazing," says Brokaw, who was analyzing the campaign on MSNBC. "The utter confidence with which everyone had been wrong 20 minutes earlier, they have the same utter confidence about what produced this surprise. It's intellectually dishonest."

F'ing bingo baby. Left, right, middle, the one thing that everyone should do is ignore the Wind Bags that tell us what to do, what to think, what's going to happen, and to not change the channel. Listen to Ned's. Kill your television!

that may be, but if you are married to a surgeon for 8 years does that qualify you to perform surgery? even if you have a "degree in medicine"? I think not.

She is only a senator, as are many of the other candidates, I think some experience governing a state successfully would give them relevant experience.

I don't buy the "Governor experience" criteria. Does it matter what state? What if she were governor of Alaska or South Dakota... I don't know. I don't know what experience prepares you for the Presidency, but from a practical point of view, it can't hurt to have an understanding of how congress works, since you have to get your policy made into law there.

Just a half a thought about it. I have put a fair amount of thought into what MY criteria for a good president are. Here's what I've come up with:

I don't know...

But, just the same I think it would be great for this country to hire a pres. that wasn't a white male. It's a whacky logic, but I don't think race or gender are a criteria for choosing, but that's why I think it would be cool if it weren't a white male again - because it would prove that race and gender aren't critical criteria...(does that make sense to anyone???)...

I don't have a strong objection to really any of the candidates, yet. I felt pretty strongly about the Bush-Kerry race (I was anti-Bush more than I was pro-Kerry)... That's what it tends to boil down to for me, not so much who I want, but who I don't.

good point jimmay, it always seems to come down to the lesser of two evils.

maybe we need them to battle it out in thunderdome. 2 JACKASSES ENTER !!! 1 JACKASS LEAVES!!!!

Back
Top Bottom