• boo6.jpg
    boo6.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 163
  • boo7.jpg
    boo7.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 151

rlb

How cold can bamboo get before it spontaneously shatters? :popcorn:

I'm looking at the pictures and working out the cold bamboo line in my head....then I scroll down to see that its already been done. Nice work :D Nice ride too!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This is a show bike which is headed to the Handmade bike show this weekend.

After that it is headed my way for a test ride.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Check out the swanky Edge Composites stuff all over that bike.

Belt drive continues to intrigue me as well.

don

Looks trick. I think Bamboo as the straight tubes is slick. I have some bamboo shoots at the house and while it's an utter pain in the ass, I'm always amazed at how strong it is and how it grows back so quickly.

Speaking of the NAHBS - I saw this on mtbr and was very impressed - pvd's War Bird: http://www.pvdwiki.com/index.php?title=PVD_WarBird_SS

Lots of slick touches: 140mm rear brake, custom steel stem, custom steel fork, integrated headset, press in BB bearings.

al415

Banned
every time I see a bamboo bicycle I can't help feeling like the person that made it is laughing at me. Even if Craig Calfee is selling his with a million year warranty. As for belt drive: it seems like a nice idea for city / commuter bikes with internally geared hubs. One could ride around running errands all day and never get any chain grease on one's white skinny jeans. I don't see it as a realistic option for any singlespeed bike I would spend money on. I don't like the idea of having to remove a dropout every time you get a flat, or want to try a new tyre. Also, you need a new belt any time you alter your gearing.

This is a show bike which is headed to the Handmade bike show this weekend.

After that it is headed my way for a test ride.

Speaking of which, anyone headed down? It's in Richmond, easy striking distance on a whim... I attended last year's show in Indy... There's some serious eye-candy... be prepared to be wowed in some places, underwhelmed in others...

Just to meet Curt Inglis, Jeremy Sycip, Mike Flanigan (A.N.T. Bikes), and seeing old friend Maurice Tierney made the trip worthwhile. Bring your camera, but danger... leave your checkbook and credit cards at home...

BB

Top Bottom