Bad Driving

should have gone down the next uturn instead of trying to get t-boned, or maybe she wants to die??? (p.s. yield sign into your own lane, usually there is 0 need to stop here)

apparently backing up is a dead skill?

as is checking your blind spot (apparently)

and is this a new thing? drive ~5-10 under the limit in the left lane, slow down when someone catches up to you?

Why not just let the blind spot person change lanes? You made them miss their turn and almost got in an accident just so you can have one less car in front of you? I don't understand why anyone would drive like that.

Reactions: mtn
Why not just let the blind spot person change lanes? You made them miss their turn and almost got in an accident just so you can have one less car in front of you? I don't understand why anyone would drive like that.

i also dont understand why people drive like that woman, but she came onto the highway with the turn signal on, (i figured she forgot to turn it off) she should also have gone down the next uturn (where i had come out of) so as to have time to navigate crossing two lanes of traffic instead of trying to make that extremely short, difficult shot to get off, I had a truck tailgating me so if i slammed on the brakes to let them in id have been rear ended, a quick tap of the horn turned her back to her own lane. she then proceeded to tailgate me all the way down road after i got off, some people just care about themself.

the joys of rt 22

dont-drive-angry-stay-calm.gif

I lived in Springfield for just 3 years, but every time I wind up on that stretch of 22 it's an instant reminder of why I was happy to leave!

Can't wait to get out of here. No amount of money is too much to get away

this is from a Rt22 accident in Mountainside by the triple u-turn area. My daughter was stopped in traffic and a tractor trailer side swiped her turning wide out of the u-turn.
Then he took off. She took a pic of the truck. The driver denied hitting her but their insurance ended up paying for the repair.

PXL_20220921_221513367.jpg

this is from a Rt22 accident in Mountainside by the triple u-turn area. My daughter was stopped in traffic and a tractor trailer side swiped her turning wide out of the u-turn.
Then he took off. She took a pic of the truck. The driver denied hitting her but their insurance ended up paying for the repair.

View attachment 226610
smart she had the frame of mind to snap a picture and glad nothing worse happened.

My boys insist on having dashcams for this reason in case something ever happens they need to prove.

smart she had the frame of mind to snap a picture and glad nothing worse happened.

My boys insist on having dashcams for this reason in case something ever happens they need to prove.

dash cams are great, saved me a couple of deductibles, (each of which is more than the cost of the camera).

thinking about it, i should probably upgrade my truck and my wifes car to ones that have GPS (almost 7 years ago when i bought them gps was rare)

dash cams are great, saved me a couple of deductibles, (each of which is more than the cost of the camera).

thinking about it, i should probably upgrade my truck and my wifes car to ones that have GPS (almost 7 years ago when i bought them gps was rare)

I think i need one to relive the entertainment value.

Especially the people that you know want to turn, but refuse to put their directional on.
Cause if they do that, they'd expect you to block them, rather than letting them in.
So you seemingly block them (you actually aren't, they just don't see the opening),
cause they haven't indicated that they'd like "in"

classic Somerville is taking the exit from a 3 lane circle when in the innermost lane.

Almost stopping on the highway to move over into the deceleration lane.
And of course the reverse of stopping at the end of an acceleration lane.

years ago i was rear-ended on 22. my car was totaled (everyone was fine, thankfully)... person in front of me slowed to an almost complete stop after a little swerving in their lane as if trying to decide WTF to do with this u-turn thing and that's when i got hit and the person in front took off.

i do not miss that f-ing highway at all.

Last edited:
Got you beat.

Spent 2+ hours on the Belt Parkway sitting, waiting for an accident to be cleared 325 feet in front of us. Then got side swiped by the flatbed coming to clear the accident. Belt Pkwy wins for one of the worst roads.
Yes, also a terrible road. My mother daily commuted on the Belt for like 20 years. I couldn't imagine. Cross Bronx is terrible too.

We did the Cross Bronx on the way home. Growing up in Queens and LI, I drove both of these all the time. Don't really miss it.
Same. My Parents moved from LI to Florida last year and it's now less stressful to visit them lol. Father-in-law still has a place on LI though so didnt eliminate it entirely (and that's where I'm posting from tonight). Not looking fwd to Sunday's drive home.

Back
Top Bottom